Software Engineer - Investment Performance
Description About this role
Are you a software developer with a passion for creating something new? Do you want to build a foundation in performance, and learn to provide investment and technology solutions with purpose to help our clients meet their goals? Then this team is right for you! We are responsible for investment performance and attribution analyses globally across Fixed Income, Index Equity, Systematic Active Equity, and Multi-Asset strategies. We also lead all aspects of the firm's US and APAC GIPS composites - one of the many benefits of being a globally located team: we see the end of one day from the EMEA region and kick of the start of another day in APAC. The team focuses on software to improve existing processes to optimize data delivery. The software you write will have an impact globally.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their goals. The Performance Measurement and Attribution (PMA) team is a part Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) group. PMA has reputation for aligning our performance attribution solutions with the evolving needs of our clients.
Quality attribution is a critical component to the feedback loop, and something our clients expect.
We focus on being students of technology and drive the deployment and development of the next generation attribution and performance tools.
We work together with a diverse group of teams to deliver performance measurement, evaluation, and attribution analysis for investment information and governance, globally.
- Develop scalable software to further enhance the platform used deliver performance and attribution analysis.
- Partner with other technology teams to design and implement business solutions.
- Support internal systems and use them to investigate internal and external client inquiries, while supporting our growing business needs.
- Develop and interact with business partners and get exposure to teams globally.
- Build relationships with Portfolio Engineering / Management and Attribution specialists to provide quality attribution analysis and ex-post content.
- Display integrity and confidence when interacting with different teams - ability to take ownership and to understand the data flows and dependencies.
- BS in Computer Science from an accredited university.
- 4-6 years software engineering work experience on software development and deployments.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for learning technical skills to assess risks accurately.
- Show strong problem-solving acumen, an ability to synthesize information, summarize issues, and take initiative.
- Experience analyzing, modeling, and automated testing of software
- Object Oriented Programming / Design and Design Patterns
- Strong Java Software Engineering proficiency
- AngularTS is a plus
- RESTful webservices is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.