Financial Reporting Manager
- Honolulu, HI, États-Unis Honolulu HI US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 23 juin 18 2018-06-23
Financial Reporting Manager
The Financial Reporting Manager performs various duties to support the accounting function's goal of timeliness and accuracy including preparation and detailed reviews of various Hawaii Development Groups' divisional level reporting needs (including operational and executive reporting), related variance analysis of financial and non-financial data metrics. The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for assisting operations and the Accounting management team with significant transactions reviews and analysis.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages the preparation, compilation, and related analysis of divisional level financial reporting packages for submittal to executive management, BOD, and external parties.
- Assists divisional management in the analysis of financial and non-financial data provided internally and externally.
- Assist with the review and documentation of accounting implications of complex transactions.
- Collaborates with other accounting department members to establish/modify procedures regarding the accounting related matters of acquisition and disposition divisional assets
- Support divisional management in preparation of Investment Committee memo for development pursuits.
- Assist in coding, tracking, etc. of development costs, entering contracts in E1 and prepare JV partner billing.
- Assist with monthly construction draws.
- Review divisional invoice coding and legal matters tracking.
- Assist in both the reconciliation and preparation of the annual budget and the monitoring of the same as directed by supervisor.
- Monitors transactions and ensures timely identification of possible accounting implications.
- Perform other duties and/or participate in other projects, including system implementations, acquisition integrations, and business reengineering projects, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in accounting; finance degree or MBA is a plus.
Experience and Qualifications
- CPA or CPA candidate preferably with Big 4 public accounting or financial accounting and reporting experience
- Minimum five to ten years of real estate accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of chart of accounts, general ledger, trial balance, financial statement preparation, GAAP and internal control policies and procedures required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Management ability to direct, guide, motivate, and develop staff.
- Ability to prioritize for self and others, strong organizational skills.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
- Ability to define problems and organize efficient solutions, analyze data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications. Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel is required. JDE Edwards and Argus Enterprise experience is a plus.
Requires a detail oriented, self-starter who takes initiative and can be an interactive part of a team. Must demonstrate strong attention to detail, and demonstrate knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals.