Account Manager (Employee Benefits)
- Chicago, Illinois, US Description:
Risk Strategies, a privately-held National Insurance Brokerage and Risk Management Firm with over 1,900 employees and 97 offices throughout the US s seeking a collaborative and resilient Account Manager for our Employee Benefits team. The Account Manager will fulfill an integral role in developing cohesive relationships with client groups by designing cost-effective benefits programs, streamlining enrollment initiatives, and serving as a strategic advisor. The ideal candidate will be an interpersonal and proactive problem solver with demonstrated success in servicing a book of Employee Benefits accounts.
As an Employee Benefits Account Manager with the 16th Largest US Broker, 11th Largest Privately-Held US Independent P&C Broker, 8th Largest Personal Lines Broker & 6th Fastest Growing Firm in the US, you will:
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage client relationships and service client insurance needs
- Coordinate, develop ideas and formulate presentations.
- Develop relationships with insurance company personnel
- Provide field service, meeting with students and school administrators to explain insurance benefits
- Answer phone inquiries from medical providers
- Identify claim issues and solve them.
- Develop marketing material, update prospect lists, coordinate mass emails
- Prepares, processes, reviews and monitors various documents such as premiums, policies, claims, applications, changes, etc.
- Attends seminars, meetings, or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends, and regulations in the market place.
- Superb communication skill set, phone-based and in-person
- Group Benefits insurance brokerage experience
- Valid State Life, Accident and Health brokers’ license
- College degree preferred
- Agency management and benefit related application systems knowledge
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite and comfort working in a paperless environment
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills
- Self-starter, professional and assertive