Advisor Consultant, Vice President
- Chicago, IL, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nuveen Investments
- 24 nov. 17 2017-11-24
Advisor Consultant, Vice President
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at http://www.nuveen.com/
The Advisor Consultant consultatively sells, services and supports Financial Advisors on behalf of Nuveen, working to distribute the full range of Nuveen's solutions including Managed Accounts, Mutual Funds, Closed-end Funds, ETFs, Alternatives, DCIO and Wealth & Practice Management. Significant travel within the territory is required, including Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop consultative relationships with Financial Advisors, branch office managers and sales managers and grow market share of Nuveen's products with the assigned territory.
- Partner with FA's to understand and grow their business; share expertise, knowledge and best practices as it relates to FA's business model; profile FA's by asking appropriate questions and provide creative product and service solutions based on profiled needs.
- In partnership with the Internal Advisor Consultant and Divisional Directors, engage in continuous territory management by utilizing Advisor segmenting techniques to qualifying Advisors as high, medium and low Prospects while identifying advisor segments to predict future behavior.
- Collaborate and share best practices across the sales team
- Participate in client and prospect-related meetings, seminars and roundtables to educate and provide information on financial concepts; demonstrate points of product and service differentiation and strategically position Nuveen Investments as a long-term partner.
- Conduct branch office-wide meetings with FA's to deliver various wealth and practice management related topics to assist FA's in developing their consulting skills.
- Document all Advisor activity in Customer Management System [SalesPage], update SalesPage/ Outlook calendar, and complete Advisor surveys to capture Advisor information including use of laptop computers, PDAs and e-mail communication
- Partner with Internal Advisor Consultant to capitalize on qualified Advisor leads while providing territory specific information to initiate call campaigns.
- Partner with Consulting Service Associate to ensure database integrity of SalesPage, Profiling, and Scheduling initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant external sales experience, preferably within the WIRE channel.
- Experience in both one-on-one meetings with Advisors and due diligence with analysts, as well as public seminar experience is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Creates and maintains long-term strategic relationships with clients.
- Ability to profile clients.
- Presents concepts and solutions effectively to the following audiences: individual B/D and/or WIRE advisors, financial institution advisors, regional advisors, super regional advisors, clients and HNW clients.
- Persuades and influences others; gains acceptance of a product, service or idea from clients.
- Works both independently and as a team member.
- Effective decision maker.
- Ability to be creative and generate innovative solutions.
- Adapts to change.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills; ability to analyze and prioritize large amounts of information.
- Excellent territory, rotational and time management skills; includes planning, organizing, analyzing and prioritizing large amounts of data & information.
- Maintains integrity in all transactions; follows up and keeps promises; maintains ethical standards of Nuveen Investments.
- A strong combination of sales and analytical skills coupled with an energetic and engaging style is required.
- Significant knowledge of the financial markets, both equity and fixed income, and the ability to articulate investment discipline with a deep understanding of the process and specific portfolios is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with contact manager software and applications.
- Must be proactive and take prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Continuously learns and stays current in areas of expertise.
- Understands a variety of financial products and markets.
- Series licenses 7 and 66 or 7, 63 and 65.
- CIMA, CFP or CFA designation a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.