Application Support Engineer Chicago/en-US/External/job/Chicago/Application-Support-Engineer_REQ1468/apply
The Job Details are as follows:
We are seeking an energetic, outgoing self-starter for an IT Application Support position in their New York or Chicago offices. This position is primarily focused on the support of front office applications, data and their integration with middle and back-office systems. The role will have a high level of interaction with the investment staff, including Portfolio Managers, Traders, and Analysts, to proactively discover and understand issues and potential workflow/system improvements. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, a broad knowledge of financial markets and trade lifecycles. The candidate should have good experience in database and application development. The optimal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience at an investment bank, investment advisor or associated software vendor and have with experience in front, middle, and back office systems.
- Work as a part of the global support team based in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, and Hong Kong
- Participate in follow-the-sun support model with appropriate geographic handovers
- Proactively engage with PMs, Traders, and Analysts to resolve issues and identify improvement opportunities
- Rollout, setup, and educate end-users on new product implementations
- Provide 2st and 3nd line support for front, middle, back office systems, and market data
- Work with external vendors support teams to resolve technical and content issues and deliver strategic enhancements
- Assist Development and QA teams, supporting new projects from requirements gathering through to production
- Setup and monitor automated jobs in a central scheduler; ActiveBatch
- Disciplined use of ticket, issue, and change management systems
- Proactive with excellent communication skills; lively, friendly, sociable personality
- Strong understanding of Hedge fund trading applications and underlying infrastructure
- 1-2 years of experience working with investment banks, investment advisors or associated software vendors
- Knowledge of equity and listed products, broad understanding of fixed income and OTC derivatives
- Applications deployment, administration, and support experience
- Strong troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities, including being able to interpret, understand, and troubleshoot internally developed systems
- Support development environments using agile methodologies and production environments within an ITIL framework
- SQL experience across various database implementations, including MSSQL, MongoDB
- Experience of various scripting technologies, e.g., PowerShell, Python
- Knowledge of basic Linux and Windows operating system administration
- Knowledge of commercial scheduling tools e.g., ActiveBatch
- Experience with the following systems beneficial: Bloomberg/Reuters/Bridge market data, Flextrade, FactSet, Sentieo, Omgeo Oasys, TT, FXALL, JIRA Service Desk, ITRS Geneos, Python Flask, Docker, AWS/Cloud
- Escalation support for other regions including evenings and weekends on a rotational basis
- Relevant college degree
Posted TodayFull timeREQ1468
Balyasny Asset Management L.P. (BAM) is a global institutional investment firm. We strive to deliver consistent, uncorrelated, absolute returns in all market environments by fostering a culture of research, innovation, and collaboration.
BAM exists at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers. We leverage the collective expertise of our teams to seek out new investment opportunities, analyze market conditions, minimize risk, and provide superior service to our investment partners.
With 500+ people in offices around the world, we embrace a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career development, and supports the health and wellbeing of our people through world-class benefits.