Benefits Program Manager
Benefits Program Manager US IL - Chicago/en-US/Argo/job/US-IL---Chicago/Benefits-Program-Manager_R0002799/apply
Benefits Program Manager
Reporting to the Head of Global Benefits, the Benefits Program Manager will be responsible for the design and administration of Argo Groups benefits and retirement programs. This role will work closely with in-country stakeholders from HR, finances and business leadership to develop, administer and communicate company benefits. In this role, the qualified individual will have the opportunity to review and streamline benefit administration and strive for constant process improvement.
- Support global benefits initiatives and programs to align with business strategy and ensure the right mix of offerings are available to attract and retain employees.
- Work with benefits brokers on all benefit issues, including monthly and annual review of health benefits, costing, plan design changes and ensuring, a high level of employee satisfaction and escalated claims issues are resolved quickly and accurately.
- Ensures program compliance with applicable local and national governance and employment for all employee benefit programs.
- Provides Executive Benefit Orientation/Support
- Manages process for the annual plan audits, working with external auditors and gathering data for 5500s , ACA reporting/ 1095-C and state required filings.
- Manages all aspects of annual open benefit enrollment process.
- Works with communications team for open enrollment timeline and reminder communications
- Review vendor contracts and conduct vendor RFPs as necessary.
- Support the development of Summary Plan Descriptions and Plan Documents .
- Prepare detailed analytical reports as requested.
- Develop a communications strategy to ensure benefit programs are communicated in a meaningful and relevant manner that engages and educates employees.
- Develop and manage a Global Wellness Program
- Oversee administration for 401k, SERP and pension plans with process improvement initiatives in mind
- Continuous Improvement Projects
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent relevant experience required at least 5 - 10 years, of progressively challenging experience in a benefits department of a multinational corporation; subject matter expertise in Global Benefits.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities at a brisk pace and flexibility to meet business needs.
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively and experience developing and implementing large scale projects and change initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present complex issues in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to establish and maintain credibility with senior management individuals/audiences; tactful, mature and flexible.
- Must have strong planning and organization skills.
- HRIS systems (Workday preferred), moderate to advance Excel, presentation writing and presenting to large groups, effective written communications
- Innovative, creative thinking, problem solver and team player.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR0002799
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.