Business Analyst, Commercial Tools
S&P DJI's commercial team oversees the strategy and operations of the Client Coverage (client facing, revenue generating) and Channel Management (index adoption and expansion) teams. The Business Analyst is responsible for assisting with the product management of commercial platforms such as Salesforce that support our client facing stakeholders within S&P DJI. This role works in close collaboration with nearly all internal departments - Marketing, Product Management, Research & Design, Legal, Finance, Client Services and Technology. Our delivery of best in class commercial platforms and tools enables our front line commercial team to successfully partner with our prospects and customers. The Impact:
The role will ensure that our commercial platforms and tools continue to enable our commercial teams to be successful. S&P DJI Business Analysts are constantly looking at ways to enhance and improve platforms such as Salesforce to help our commercial teams get the most out of our business intelligence tools. What's in it for you:
There is great room for expansion and career growth within the S&P DJI organization. In fact, the Business Analyst function within Commercial Team is a new one, and as we scale out the team there are sure to be opportunities for learning and growth. The Business Analyst role offers a unique opportunity to drive the expansion of data-driven decision making across S&P DJI. This challenging role will combine the development responsibilities for Salesforce with analysis of large data sets to drive actionable revenue growth opportunities for the Commercial Team. In addition, the role will provide extensive exposure to other departments both in S&P DJI and corporate functions, while in the process opening doors for tremendous career opportunities across S&P Global. Responsibilities
The Business Analyst role works in close collaboration with nearly all S&P DJI internal departments. As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for establishing and managing a data governance and quality assurance process within Salesforce, gathering and prioritizing stakeholder business requirements and ensuring the successful launch of new and enhanced functionality. Additionally, the Business Analyst will function in a leadership role driving the creation and maintenance of dashboards, reports and other visualization tools to gain actionable, business intelligence from our commercial platforms in order to drive S&P DJI's strategic priorities. Driving the evolution of S&P DJI's commercial business intelligence will entail partnering across all functions and developing a keen understanding of the needs across the customer base.
Your objective is to address the needs of your stakeholders and create the best possible suite of commercial platforms by:
Our Ideal Candidate Will What We're Looking For:
- Serving as project owner on numerous high profile, high impact deliverables for the Commercial teams within S&P DJI
- Driving product roadmap and execution for Commercial Platforms in coordination with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Developing and executing go-to-market strategies for Commercial platform rollouts/launches
- Leveraging the business intelligence gathered from the commercial platforms to drive S&P DJI strategic priorities
- Presenting project status updates as well as results of business intelligence analysis to senior members of the S&P DJI management team
- Have work with customer relationship management (CRM) systems such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamic, HubSpot etc.
- Have an understanding of the way CRM and related technologies can empower the workflow of Commercial personas including Sales/Marketing, Relationship Management and Client Support
- Have hands-on experience combining and cleansing large data sets, removing outliers and working with reporting and business intelligence tools
- Have the ability to analyze, visualize and summarize data and findings in terms easily understood by business audiences in order to drive actionable results
- Want to impact thousands of people by designing and building quality products used both internally by our employees as well as externally by our customers
- Have confident, articulate, and professional presentation skills
- Have strong problem-solving skills, including evaluating options and generating solutions for unique problems
S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance or other related areas
- 3-5+ years project management experience, 1+ preferred in Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Knowledge of Agile and LEAN a plus
- Knowledge of visualization software such as PowerBi, Tableau, Einstein Analytics a plus
- Experience with Alteryx a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with great time management skills
- History of teamwork and proven ability to deliver results
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 900,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), BSMGMT202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
257210 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States