Business Data Analyst
Chicago, New York
Are you passionate about data? Are you able to tell stories through data, making data come to life? We're looking for someone like that to:
• work with business domain owners in data sourcing, discovery, and analysis
• develop intuitive data visualizations for dashboards & management reports
• implement reusable processes for linking data-sets to produce business insights
• research and explore new data sources and data analytics tools to continuously enhance our solutions
You'll be working in the Asset Management Chief Data Office. We're a data management organization focused on re-defining the division's data strategy and supporting the management of core data-sets used across Asset Management. Working within the Chief Data Office, you'll provide the foundation for establishing a data driven culture by delivering cutting edge solutions that supply high quality, governed data across Domains.
Your experience and skills
• proven experience working as a data analyst in the financial services industry (Asset Management experience a plus)
• hands-on experience with market data, reference data, macroeconomics indicators, equity fundamentals, trades and positions data, and/or risk data
• expert level SQL and relational database (Oracle) knowledge
• experience with data sourcing & wrangling, using tools like Lavastorm, Alteryx, Informatica, or equivalent
• 2+ years of experience developing dashboards and business intelligence reports using Tableau, MicroStrategy or equivalent
• a Bachelor of Science in Management Information System, Economics, Computer Science, or equivalent
• familiar with Master Data Management, Data Modeling, and Data Governance best practices
• familiar with Python, R, or other programming languages
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.