Business Development Director
50815 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
RSM is looking for a dynamic Business Development Director to join our growing team in the Great Lakes Region. This Business Development Director will concentrate on professional services in the areas of IT strategy, IT Infrastructure and IT outsourcing, all which support our Infrastructure Service Line.
The Business Development Director is responsible for leading all aspects of the sales process, including systematic prospect targeting, development of opportunity-specific sales strategy, and selection of pursuit teams and "quarterbacking" the entire sales process. This individual will build and maintain strong sales pipelines and forecasts associated to substantiated opportunities, prepare and facilitate presentations/proposals as well as close sales and finalize agreements with customers. The Business Development Director will work closely with various firm industry and line of business leaders in co-leading growth efforts through direct prospecting, networking, attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups and networking associations.
This individual will have all the necessary resources to be set up for success for this lucrative career opportunity with a competitive base salary along with a lucrative, uncapped incentive compensation plan. We are looking for a candidate that has a proven track record in selling IT infrastructure, IT strategy and IT outsourcing services.
- Sourcing and qualifying IT services opportunities with companies currently not served by the firm
- Responsible for executing the sales plan and process, including coordination of all necessary internal and external resources to best position the firm to secure the business
- Working with the Practice Leader and Pre-Sales Solution Consultants to construct a demonstration of our core IT infrastructure solutions
- Actively work networking contacts, professional affiliations, industry groups and related Centers of Influence
- Work with industry team leaders to effectively and efficiently identify and target key companies within the industry teams they support
- Support Partners, Principals, Directors and Senior Managers in cross-selling additional services to existing clients where appropriate
- Work closely with local and national marketing resources to develop effective, targeted go-to-market plans for the technology teams they support
- Work closely with National Sales Organization management to provide ongoing, current feedback relative to market opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 7+ years of previous experience selling IT Services, IT Outsourcing and/or IT Strategy
- Demonstrated industry experience preferred
- Must be capable of orchestrating a team of industry, functional, and technical experts to craft a compelling solution for a variety of clients in various industries
- Demonstrated experience working with, and contacts within the middle market, broadly defined as companies with revenues of $20 million to $1 billion
- Demonstrated expertise to drive a complex, sale cycle from identification through the close of deals
- Ability to actively participate in the proposal and Statement of Work creation process
- Experience leveraging a CRM tool for report generation and sales tracking.
- Prior experience leveraging social media technologies for networking purposes
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills; strong executive presence and business acumen
- Must be motivated and self-disciplined; must possess strong time management skills
- Prior solution selling training is a plus, including programs developed by Technology Channel Partners
- Prior experience in developing relationships with Technology Channel Partners.
- Travel is required (local and overnight when appropriate)
- Active network of C-level contacts in and around Washington, D.C. Metro, and the surrounding markets
- Demonstrated community involvement and activity with industry associations, civic and/or non-profit groups
- Exhibit exceptionally strong communication, presentation, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience working for Big Four or other national firms a significant plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req15628 Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Internal Client Service Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
Sales CS TC-Mgd Services Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req15628 Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
Chicago, IL US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
Great Lakes Region Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Business Development/Sales Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
Bachelor Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
Yes ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing