Business Manager - Mutual Funds, Fund Governance Solutions New 📅 83670 Requisition # 📅 1 day ago Post Date Position Title:
Business Manager - Mutual Funds, Fund Governance Solutions Major Duties:
Overall Competencies Required:
- Assist sales in the sourcing and diligence of new advisers
- Oversee onboarding of new advisers and the Fund Launch process
- Oversee services provided by internal and external providers. Address day to day issues and manage relationships with key individuals.
- Assist with the establishment of policies/procedures as it relates to the operations of the Trust including the ongoing maintenance.
- Manage financial budgets and work through financial pro-forma analysis for new funds/advisers
- Assist with training on product and serve as subject matter expert as it relates to product collateral and market facing material
- Understands all aspects of mutual fund Operations, Reporting, Regulation, Technology, Governance and Service providers (Custody, Regulatory Administration, Fund Accounting, Administration and Transfer Agency).
- Provides the oversight of services provided by internal partners (OT and GFS) and external providers (Auditors, Credit Facilities, Fund Counsel, Printing, etc). Areas of expertise include: Regulatory, Tax, Audit, Financials, Systems, Treasury, Budgeting and Distribution arrangements.
- Superior communication skills across complex subject matter (internally and externally) including significant interaction with senior management and the Independent Board of Trustees overseeing the Mutual Fund Complex.
- Strong presentation skills including the ability to develop effective and clear message/action steps/approval. Frequently addresses issues regarding/related to the Mutual Fund Board, Committees and Fund Counsel and senior Northern Trust Partners.
- Able to manage multiple priorities including ability to make quick assessment of financial, regulatory, accounting, compliance and risk issues and manage the appropriate decision/response.
- Project management/special project skills are essential and frequent, often subject to tight deadlines and regulatory oversight/specification.
- Successful candidate will bring a mix of financial acumen, regulatory framework/perspective/understanding, business judgment, leadership, business savvy and strong interpersonal and communication skills. Deep understanding of 40 Act regulation and requirements are essential.
About Northern Trust:
- Significant experience in Accounting, Controls, Mutual Fund Governance, 40 Act Regulation, Regulatory Administration and Risk Management.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive mutual fund and broad based financial services/investment advisory business experience.
- Finance, Accounting or Risk Management certifications (CPA a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Mutual Fund Reporting, Policies, Procedures, Valuation, Auditing, Financial Controls, Budgeting, Financial Management, Product Management/Project Management, Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.