Lead Business Systems Analyst - Data Analyst
The Lead Business Systems / Data Analyst role will be engaged to perform data analysis of multiple data sources each having overlapping, similar, or derived copies of data. The role will provide oversight and will lead by example on a team of technical data mappers, data governance specialists, and product owners to break down business requirements into actionable project deliverables.
There are several data entities which span areas such as financial holdings, client attributes, and product data that reside in multiple application systems and need to be documented, defined, and correlated for data governance and system designs.
Upcoming business projects and designs that must make some architecture and business process decisions based on the analysis. Goal is to find ways to align data for consistency across multiple systems. The activities require careful definition of business data constructs, technical investigation of data derivation and data lineage.
Candidate must possess:
• Write clear, unambiguous business definitions for concepts which vary across by multiple business contexts •
Ability to organize, categorize, and understand how to break down sets of data to uncover functional design use-cases.
• Analytical Skills to work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, statistics, and number crunching. Requires ability to categorize data findings, identify patterns, and establish relationships across disparate sets of data. Ability to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
• Leadership skills to review others’ work and provide constructive feedback in a collaborative way.
• Communication Skills: called to present the findings and translate conclusions into an understandable document. Requires ability to write and speak clearly, concisely, and easily communicate complex ideas.
• Attention to Detail: Data is precise.
Role will be required to make sure they are vigilant in their analysis to understand subtle data variances and come to correct conclusions.
• Technical Skills: Ability to write complex SQL against relational databases each having different conceptual / logical data models. Ability to translate similar concepts into holistic resultset.
• Critical Thinking: look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
• Highly proficient in technical writing to document data management aspects of existing systems and data functional requirements for new projects
• Oversee and interact with one or more team members that develop data source-to-target mappings and ETL data transforms.
Candidate will be asked to: • Determine operational objectives by studying business processes, gather information, and evaluate output requirements and formats. • Analyze requirements; construct dataflow charts and diagrams; study system capabilities; write specifications. • Improve systems by studying current practices and propose modifications. • Recommend new or enhanced controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures. • Understand project requirements and functional design of systems to recommend work breakdown structures and functional dependencies. • Provides reference materials for users who are writing and maintaining technical documentation or educating end-users. • Establishes good working relationships with tech stakeholders and business stakeholders.