Assistant Vice President, Claims Shared Services US IL - Chicago/en-US/Argo/job/US-IL---Chicago/Assistant-Vice-President--Claims-Shared-Services_R0002764/apply
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. Our Argo US Claims team delivers superior financial results, technical expertise and customer experience to all stakeholders engaged in the claim process. We hire and develop the best people, so we can deliver on the Argo claims promise of high-quality claims service.
We are looking for a highly capable Assistant Vice President, Claims Shared Services to join our team. This position can work from any of our Argo Group US offices, or remotely from their home. Reporting directly to the US Chief Claims Officer, the Assistant Vice President, Shared Services will have oversight and responsibility for the Special Investigative Unit (SIU) program, Subrogation, Salvage, and Deductible Recovery. This position requires a strategic leader with the ability to advance these shared service capabilities and efficiently deliver material financial results to Argo US Claims.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Direct management of SIU function including, but not limited to:
- Assess the existing SIU program; design and implement required changes to improve overall effectiveness and SIU results.
- Oversee and manage the relationship with Argos SIU vendor; optimize service delivery, vendor performance, and reporting capabilities while maximizing return on investment.
- Conduct complex investigations of claims suspected of insurance fraud and other irregularities to prevent, and if necessary, prosecute insurance fraud and abuse, recover lost funds, and oversee compliance with state regulations.
- Responsible for the design and successful implementation of training protocols to verify all company personnel and other required partners meet the requirements for trainings and certifications.
- Ensure annual anti-fraud State reporting and tracking requirements are met and prepare required notifications for the Department of Insurance.
- Provide leadership, training and advice to Claims staff regarding fraud prevention and mitigation.
- Management and oversight of Subrogation function including, but not limited to:
- Manage the Argo Subrogation Specialist and work with that resource to continually assess and improve program effectiveness.
- Accountable for Subrogation program execution, vendors and performance.
- Management and oversight of Salvage function including, but not limited to:
- Manage the Argo Salvage Coordinator and work with that resource to continually assess and improve program effectiveness.
- Accountable for Salvage program execution, vendors and performance.
- Management and oversight of Deductible Recovery program including, but not limited to:
- Accountable for Deductible Recovery program execution, vendors and performance.
- Periodic assessment of program effectiveness (people, process, technology, vendor); recommend changes, as needed, to improve results.
- Financial Scorecard Development work with Argos Data Solutions team to design and utilize a Claims Shared Services Scorecard that tracks financial results (recoveries, SIU impact, etc.) across the AVPs areas of responsibility. Key metrics and program status will also be delivered to senior claims and business leaders.
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited University plus at least ten years experience working in a SIU capacity with experience in commercial first party, workers compensation, and third-party claims environment.
- Preferred core competencies include: Strategic planning and implementation Staff leadership and development Track record of executing projects and delivering results Experience with process improvement and data analysis/analytics
- Fraud Claims Law Specialist (FCLS) or Fraud Claims Law Associate (FCLA) designations and Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator (CIFI) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designations are strongly preferred.
- Relevant experience in the areas of subrogation and salvage.
- Recognized as a leader within the organization; able to establish strong working relationships and engage effectively with teams.
- Ability to build internal partnerships driving change and results in these areas requires this role to establish rapport and partner with claims leaders and adjusters.
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to articulate the financial value of your work at multiple responsibility levels inside our business including Argo senior executives.
- Comfortable working with data, analyzing information, and using that insight to address opportunity areas.
In addition, we expect Argo colleagues to embody our core values:
- Ownership and accountability
- Doing the right thing
- Collaboration and creativity
- Building teams that are respectful and inclusive
We offer our employees:
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a 100% matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO, Paid Caregiver Leave, Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks) and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which got us named in Training magazine as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- A lucrative Employee Referral program that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
- Flexible Work Arrangements that may include remote or home-based work schedules that provide employees the balance they need to excel at their jobs.
About Argo Group
- Argo Group does not treat our claims or our claims professionals as a commodity. The work we offer is challenging, diverse, and impactful.
- Our Adjusters and Managers are empowered to exercise their independent discretion and, within broad limits and authority, be creative in developing solutions and treat each case as the unique situation it is.
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team, especially when it relates to strategic priorities and reviewing large losses.
- Our entire claims team works in a collaborative nature to expeditiously resolve claims. We offer a work environment that inspires innovation and is open to employee suggestions. We even offer monetary rewards for creative and innovative ideas.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted TodayFull timeR0002764
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.