Director Data Account Management
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Dir Data Account Management is responsible for managing the data licensing relationship with several of the Data Services business' most strategic and significant client accounts. In the role, the Account Manager must cultivate relationships with senior decision makers on the client side and leverage said relationships to further the policy and commercial objectives of the Data Services business. The Dir Data Account Management must understand client business trends and related market opportunities/risks as well as broader industry issues that may affect CME Group and its customers. This role also provides data policy education and mentoring to less experienced staff performing market data account management within the department.
- Develop account goals and perform active account management related to market data policy to ensure strategically significant clients are properly licensed for data based on the manner and extent of their usage. Ensure policy/reporting compliance and maximum revenue capture as well as how data procurement decision making is handled and any growth/attrition drivers that may be relevant. Understand the role of technology in the above as well as any opportunities there may be for strategic partnership related to products and distribution.
- Execute Data Services projects related to policies, programs and strategic initiatives to support the growth and health of the existing Data Services business and the development of new business lines. Responsibilities may include development of associated internal/external processes, progress metrics/tracking, and stakeholder reporting.
- Provide training, mentorship and subject matter expertise to less experienced colleagues including review and approval of licensing, billing and credit decisions. Serve as an internal escalation point for questions of policy interpretation and application where client circumstances do not fit clearly with established protocols.
- Identify potential indicators of non-compliance. Analyze client data & develop strategic campaign initiatives to explore and pursue any associated risks/opportunities.
- Regularly review and evolve the methods and processes of the strategic market data account management discipline to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the function.
Skills and Software Requirements:
- MicroSoft Office Suite
- DataBP (preferred)
- Well-developed networking and relationship building skills across a diverse set of internal and external constituencies, including senior level executives
- Demonstrated focus on commercial opportunities, strong negotiating acumen and sound business judgement
- Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly communicate client pain points and potential CME Group revenue opportunities across: product development, business concepts, operational concerns and expense reduction
- Proven ability to influence others and achieve tangible business results