Director of Infrastructure, North America Chicago/en-US/Americas/job/Chicago/Director-of-Infrastructure--North-America_REQ-016324/apply
The Director of Infrastructure will be accountable for the transformation and management of Morningstars Infrastructure throughout North America. The position reports to the Head of Infrastructure and will be part of the technology organizations leadership team.
The Director of Infrastructure will be responsible for sponsoring, driving and delivering Infrastructure transformation programs. The successful candidate will lead a team of IT infrastructure managers and engineers and will collaborate with the IT project management, product, security, IT operations and regional infrastructure and support teams to deliver projects as part of the technology organizations objectives of sustainable cost efficiency, improvement, and optimization of the IT portfolio as part of the companys overall technology strategy.
- Accountable for the ongoing management, reliability and performance of Morningstars IT infrastructure in North America.
- Responsible for Morningstars Cloud Center of excellence, responsible for public cloud infrastructure frameworks, roadmaps and governance.
- Ensure that portfolio of programs and projects are prioritized, are aligned to and deliver against Infrastructure transformation, service and risk objectives.
- Oversee the IT Infrastructure function, responsible for people management and driving a positive team culture that continually encourages creativity, ownership and accountability.
- Mentor, find and retain a best in class team to enhance our capabilities and deliver our solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring that service levels are met.
- Vendor selection and management.
- Development of service business cases including financial modelling and planning.
- Definition of high quality and sustainable Infrastructure technical architecture.
- Service technical oversight and governance
- Establish business relationships with a variety of teams across the organization including Development, QA, Operations, and Product to ensure that infrastructure is delivered as part of the product development lifecycle.
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience in managing technology teams accountable for complex infrastructures
- 5 + years experience of management of large enterprise scale infrastructures
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership of infrastructure change and transformation programs
- Successful and demonstrable track record of large infrastructure transformation programs, public cloud migrations, datacenter build-out, co-location, compute, storage, network and telecommunications projects
- Excellent leadership, communication and organization skills with a results-oriented mindset
- People leadership skills, experienced in building a productive environment enabling career growth, development, hiring and retention of a talented engineering team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence, needs to demonstrate the ability to build consensus and support for proposals
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- This role will be a key part of the internal customer face of Morningstars IT infrastructure teams, a customer-service focus orientated mindset is essential.
- Knowledge of ITIL foundations and concepts would be advantageous.
- Interest in the investment industry and strong knowledge of technology developments and trends is an advantage.
- A bachelors degree
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal EntityPosted TodayFull timeREQ-016324
How to Apply for a Job at Morningstar
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please fill out this form completely, attaching your resume and cover letter in the approved format. Read the job requirements carefully and make sure to attach writing or design samples as required. Applicants must submit their resume and other information through our corporate website to be considered for a job at Morningstar. No phone calls, please.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from Morningstar will contact you to set up a date, time, and location. Be prepared for a rigorous interview process. To make sure you're a good fit for Morningstar and we're a good fit for you, we'll schedule time for you to meet with multiple staff members at all levels of the company. Expect to return for multiple interviews as part of the process. A representative from Morningstar will contact you with the results of your intervieweither with a job offer or to let you know our plans for the position.
Applicants With Disabilities Who Need Accommodation
Morningstar is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 312 384-3900 or email and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- We only accept calls from applicants who need accommodation related to a disability. Please, no calls with unrelated questions or requests.
- Please be sure to include the title and location of the open position youre interested in when you leave a message.
US Applicants: Morningstar is an E-Verify program participant.
- This Organization Participates in E-Verify (English) -
- This Organization Participates in E-Verify (Spanish) -
- Right to Work (English) -
- Right to Work (Spanish) -
- EEO is the Law:
- Pay Transparency Notice:
Morningstar is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We make all employment decisionsincluding recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other personnel matterswithout regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, gender identity and expression, parental status, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct.