Director, Risk Management,Development
The overall mission of Talent & Organizational Development (T&OD) is to collaborate with business partners on how to assess and build core job capabilities of employees.
We are looking for an exceptional learning leader to assess Risk Management skills and capabilities, and design, develop and deliver appropriate learning solutions that grow employees' skills and adhere to regulatory and risk management requirements.
In this role, you will work strategically with cross-functional partners, all 3 lines of defense, project management and HR to assess skills and capabilities, and then develop appropriate learning plans that anticipate and respond to short and long-term needs and achieve desired business objectives. This includes strategy creation, development of annual plans and delivery of risk, regulatory and corporate project learning solutions as well as vendor selection and management, if necessary. You will also evaluate and communicate the overall effectiveness of learning solutions to senior leaders and business teams.
What you are good at
- Identifies learning and development needs arising from a range of organizational diagnostics including training needs analysis, employee surveys, employee focus groups, and change management initiatives.
- Designs, delivers, evaluates and improves learning and development initiatives for risk and regulatory that improve organizational effectiveness.
- Oversees the end-to-end process for new training projects and owns ongoing program management requirements.
- Provides internal consulting support to senior leaders, key business stakeholders, and other cross-functional partners to address organizational learning and development needs.
- Acts as an escalation point for all program-related issues and undertakes decisive measures to aid and assist in problem resolution.
- Leads and/or supports organizational development initiatives to improve individual and team performance across the business and enhance employee core capabilities.
- Enhances the quality of and effectiveness of risk management and regulatory training that delivers solid business results.
- Collaborates with Schwab business leaders and HR Partners to ensure program alignment across the firm.
- Consults with leaders to identify core capability development gaps and create learning solutions that enhance knowledge/skills in areas critical to organizational success.
- Works with cross-functional partners to identify current and future core capabilities necessary to achieve risk management and regulatory goals.
- Develops and maintains an annual learning plan.
- Designs and/or sources appropriate and relevant learning solutions that support the team's strategic goals/objectives
- Liaises, collaborates and negotiates with internal and external training providers for the delivery of quality learning solutions that align with the organization's strategic objectives.
- Evaluates and quantifiably assesses the overall effectiveness of learning solutions - including buy vs build solutions.
- Ensures delivery of high impact, interactive and e-learning materials that includes online, live, VLS or blended solutions.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners and business leaders to facilitate the development of learning roadmaps for all levels within the organization.
- Develops business relationships and stays informed of upcoming business initiatives to get involved early in understanding risk management and regulatory learning needs.
- Leads entire team, challenges thinking, demonstrates courage and collaboration.
- Gains alignment and engagement with business leadership and cross-functional partners in support of learning and development initiatives.
- Actively collaborates with the entire Schwab learning function to ensure continuity and leveraging of initiatives.
- Works with business units to identify learning needs and create integrated solutions and secure adequate funding for programs not in original plan.
- Gains buy-in from senior leaders, peers and key support partners.
- Develops and implements effective internal marketing and communication strategies to engage learners.
- Develops a brand and consistent marketing/communications plan for learning and development programs.
- Invites and prepares leaders and managers to participate in learning events.
- Encourages direct, open and thought provoking discussions about important issues.
- Develops measurable performance areas and methods for tracking performance for risk management & regulatory training.
What you have
- 7+ years of learning & development experience with 5 years in a risk management training role.
- Strong understanding of learning technologies to ensure that technology aligns with Risk and Regulatory strategy.
- Successful leadership of and familiarity with learning programs in a regulated environment.
- Experienced with vendor selection and management.
- Exceptional project & program management skills.
- Passion for learning and seeing others grow and develop.
- Client orientation and passion for seeing clients succeed.
- Strong skills in execution and adaptability.
- Well respected, reliable and credible leader who is detail oriented and organized.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Experience leading end-to-end learning services and developing a high performing team.
- Willingness to obtain FINRA Series 7 and Series 24
- 7 + years of financial services industry experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.