Environmental Claims Trainee
Casualty Environmental Claims Trainee US IL - Chicago/en-US/Argo/job/US-IL---Chicago/Casualty-Environmental-Claims-Trainee_R0002776/apply
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. Our Argo US Claims team delivers superior financial results, technical expertise and customer experience to all stakeholders engaged in the claim process. We hire and develop the best people, so we can deliver on the Argo claims promise.
We are looking for a highly capable Casualty Environmental Claims Trainee to join our team and work from our Chicago (IL), San Antonio (TX), New York City (NY), Portland (OR), Denver (CO), Addison (TX), Springfield (MA), Irvine (CA), Alpharetta (GA), Richmond (VA), Peoria (IL), San Francisco (CA), Boston (MA), Houston (TX), Scottsdale (AZ), or Rockwood (PA) office. This is an excellent opportunity for a career minded individual to get hands on training on environmental claims in order to begin a career in claims adjudication. This position is a transitional role leading to advancement to a Casualty Environmental Associate Claims Adjuster position.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Participate in a combination of on-the-job training and coursework with the intent of developing a career in environmental adjusting.
- Learn basic claims skills, including effective time management skills, determining coverage, jurisdictional knowledge, claims investigation, subrogation identification, and lien management.
- Ensure bills appropriate to the claim are paid on a timely basis.
- Interact with our customers each and every day via email, telephone, and written correspondence.
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or two or more industry designations are required. J.D. is highly preferred.
- Experience in handling insurance claims preferred but not required.
- An eagerness and desire to learn the environmental claims function with the intent of becoming a Claims Adjuster.
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks.
- Exhibit a natural curiosity.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent evaluation and strategic skills required.
- Must possess a strong customer focus.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other business-related software.
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to read and write English fluently is required.
- Must demonstrate a desire for continued professional development through continuing education and self-development opportunities.
In addition, youll want to make sure you embody our core values as they are how we get the job done:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We offer our employees:
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO, Paid Caregiver Leave, Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks), and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which got us named in Training magazine as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- A lucrative Employee Referral program that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include Compressed Hours, Flex time, Job-Sharing, Part-Time and Remote or Home Working, Sabbatical Leave and Summer Hours that give our employees the balance they need to excel at their jobs.
About Argo Group
- Argo Group does not treat our claims or our claims professionals as a commodity. The work we offer is challenging, diverse, and impactful.
- Our Adjusters and Managers are empowered to exercise their independent discretion and, within broad limits and authority, be creative in developing solutions and treat each case as the unique situation it is.
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team, especially when it relates to reviewing large losses.
- Our entire claims team works in a collaborative nature to expeditiously resolve claims. We offer a work environment that inspires innovation and is open to employee suggestions. We even offer rewards for creative and innovative ideas.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR0002776
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.