Menu Register Sign In
Financial Advisor Chicago, IL, USA Req #843 Wednesday, August 12, 2020
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com GENERAL SUMMARY
Proactively develops a client base to which appropriate wealth management products can be sold. Analyzes customers financial needs and advises them on investment choices and insurance products that best meet their needs to optimize the financial performance and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction. Ensures that all business originations are in compliance with audit and regulatory standards. DIRECT REPORTS
This position may supervise the Financial Advisor Assistant, if assigned one. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Pro-actively develops a client base to which appropriate wealth management products can be sold.
- Collects and analyzes information regarding the customer risk tolerance, long and short term goals, income, assets, investments and debts; determines which financial products best meet the customer needs and financial circumstances.
- Advises the customer regarding the advantages, risks, and disadvantages of different financial products
- Markets, services, or promotes financial products.
- Develops internal referral resources to identify existing customers
- Identifies external prospects and builds new client relationships, including participating in joint calls with Branch Managers, Lenders, etc. to further expand relationships.
- Represent the bank by participating in local professional and community associations and their networking activities to develop self-sourced business.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities, including opportunities to refer customers to other bank sales representatives through proper customer profiling and needs-based selling
- Understands and complies with all aspects of bank and Cetera Investment Services LLC policies and practices, laws and regulations governing the duties and responsibilities of product sales.
- Ensures products sold are suitable for clients risk tolerance and other appropriate factors.
- Maintains all necessary licenses and registrations as required.
- Keeps abreast of product knowledge.
- Successfully completes all mandatory training assigned in a timely manner
- Maintains superior and courteous service to promote products and expand customer relationships.
- Exceeds customer expectations in terms of accuracy, efficiency, courtesy and professionalism
- Ensures branch or work area is maintained in accordance with Cathay Bank and Networked B/D standards.
- Education: College degree preferred. Appropriate State(s) Life & Health Insurance License(s). FINRA Series 7. FINRA Series 63 and 65 (or 66) required at the time of hire, or must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in financial related product sales, service, and advising.
- Language: Fluency in English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese).
- Skills/Ability: Strong sales, marketing, and business development skills. Ability in managing various situations/issues with customers (good problem resolution skills). Team oriented, and must have high standard of integrity and work ethics. Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
Cathay Bank may collect personal information from potential job candidates and applicants. For more information on how we handle personal information and your applicable rights, please review our .
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Banks policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster in English.
Click here to view the EEO is the Law supplement in English.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.
Other details Share this job: © 2009 - 2020 Ceridian HCM, Inc. All Rights Reserved.