Financial Systems Analyst
Financial Systems Application Analyst (Hyperion/Essbase) Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Financial-Systems-Application-Analyst-Essbase_R190023477/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Finance & Accounting
Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are currently working towards providing a better candidate experience by including all of our job descriptions in both English and French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or New Brunswick please reference the French job description available below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description below in English as per federal language requirements.
Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt à l'égard de BMO Groupe financier. Nous travaillons actuellement à offrir une meilleure expérience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de poste en français et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affiché au Québec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description de poste en français disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement, veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais, conformément aux exigences fédérales en matière de langues.
The Financial Data Management Group (FDM) ensures the integrity of the BMO Financial Corp (BFC) financial, management and regulatory data. The FDM group consolidates, transforms and standardizes data from the book of record transaction systems to provide holistic view of BFC General Ledger and customer level balances and attributes.
This data feeds the Banks Hyperion/Essbase reporting, planning and forecasting systems to support the annual budget process, CCAR stress test submissions to the FED and Financial reporting. Under the direction of the Senior Manager of the US Costing and Planning, the Financial Systems Application Analyst, will administer and oversee the Oracle Essbase systems and provide support for new initiatives/projects as they arise.
Consolidates, transforms, enhances and standardizes data from multiple source systems to provide a holistic view of Bank data and attributes. Ensures the integrity of financial, management and regulatory reporting data. Administers and oversees the financial data systems to support core Finance processes that includes, but is not limited to planning and forecasting, budgeting and capital stress-testing submissions, costing, funds transfer pricing (FTP), management reporting, tax filings, and regulatory reporting.
- On a monthly basis, perform necessary system updates and conduct monthly validations for a portion of the data, including FTP results, to ensure the accurate and timely release of monthly management reporting data.
- Maintain Essbase databases both Planning/Forecasting and Reporting -- by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Develop, implement, and provide on-going management of Reporting / Planning/ Forecasting (including funds transfer pricing) models working internally with others in FDM, as well as Treasury and Corporate Areas Finance.
- Translate business requirements into technology based solutions, and support discussions necessary to implement. Maintain and update automated processes that utilize Access, Excel and Visual Basic.
- Provide guidance to technology resources used to maintain the allocations in the financial reporting system, understanding systems operations to ensure business requirements are accurately translated into systems design.
- Provide ongoing review of Reporting/Planning/Forecasting/FTP output, identifying and resolving issues and providing recommendations for improvements and efficiencies.
- As a trusted advisor to assigned business / group.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Develops action plans and decides how to resolve complex issues.
- Executes complex operations and maintenance support activities.
- Supports the management of BMOs data as a key asset that facilitates effective decision making.
- Supports the build, management, and execution of the monthly financial production cycle and the financial management reporting platform.
- Supports the system implementation and validation of funds transfer pricing and cost allocation methodologies, planning, and forecasting.
- Supports the production of financial, regulatory, and management reporting; performs maintenance of master data.
- Leads the data reconciliation processes between core General Ledger and management reporting systems.
- Implements strategic initiatives (e.g. new product offerings, source systems, acquisitions, and divestitures) into core Finance systems.
- Assists in the identification of change impacts by gathering requirements and mapping and documenting current and proposed processes.
- Provides support to Enterprise projects and/or manages operational changes (e.g. supporting Technology with the validation and testing of systems).
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders; ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Supports the development of tools, training content, and delivery of training presentations for financial management system related processes.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Typically between 4 - 7 years of relevant experience in IT or financial services organizations and University degree/college diploma in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Experience in Financial information management, network administration.
- Deep knowledge of financial applications and systems.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Hyperion/ Essbase 184.108.40.206 experience application software database administrator skillset
- Proficiency in SmartView, SQL, MS Excel and MS Access, Visual Basic
- Knowledge in Oracle/PeopleSoft EPM beneficial
- Business analysis and functional specification design
- Strong customer service skills
- Understand data flows, business processes, and financial products
- Banking Industry experience a plus
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR190023477 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.