Global Research Associate, Healthcare
Research Associate - Global Healthcare Sector Areas of Interest:
Equity Research, Investment Management
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
About the Team: William Blairs buy-side research team is responsible for identifying quality growth companies that will generate above-average results for clients over time with generally less risk than the market. The team identifies these companies through a combination of rigorous fundamental research and systematic inputs, following a disciplined process that emphasizes team collaboration. Job Summary & Responsibilities: This role will assist in the preparation and execution of industry and company research and analyses for use in the formulation of security analyses. Gather, organize, and analyze market, company and financial performance data as directed by senior Research team members. Create and maintain financial models based on analysis requests. Prepare internal written reports, notes, presentations and other documents to communicate investment ideas, research, news events and opinions regarding security analyses. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Build knowledge of assigned industry and companies and keep abreast of related market developments and news.
- Gather and organize research data related to assigned industry and companies, and maintain accurate, current research databases. Collect information on financial performance, competitive industry positioning, quality of company management, etc. as directed by senior Research team members.
- Analyze market sectors and trends and conduct financial and accounting statement analyses. Develop and maintain financial models for revenue and income forecasts, cash flow analysis, balance sheet and quarterly projections which are aligned with research requests.
- Assist in the preparation of industry and company reports, presentations and exhibits to summarize research findings for Research teams.
- May participate in meetings with company management, brokers, investment and research staff to obtain relevant research information. Document and maintain information for analysis activities.
- Ensure all work activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Bachelors degree required with concentration in Finance, Accounting, and/or Computer Science, preferred.
- 2-3 years of related work experience that deals with a strong working knowledge of financial statements and related analysis.
- Familiarity with data gathering and analysis best practices and methodologies. Prior programming experience preferred.
- Successful completion of CPA exam, CFA Level I exam or other demonstrated knowledge of financial accounting, investment statistics, and equity markets.
- Experience using statistical software and data visualization is preferred, ideally a combination of R and Tableau.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills.
- Capable of building computer generated financial models.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Delivers clear, effective verbal and written communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- Capable of creatively simplifying and summarizing complex information.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with investment and research teams.