Human Resources Talent Partner, Claims
HR Talent Partner, Claims US IL - Chicago/en-US/Argo/job/US-IL---Chicago/Human-Resources-Business-Partner_R0002556/apply
HR Claims Talent Partner
Argo Groups focus is specialty insurance. Our products help power the businesses that drive the world economy. We approach our chosen markets with unmatched expertise, a spirit of innovation and sense of urgency in everything we do. Simply stated, our products and services help keep businesses in business.
We are looking for an exceptional Talent Partner to join our Team. The position can be located in our Chicago, Illinois or Alpharetta, Georgia office and reports to our Claims Talent Leader located in San Francisco, California. The purpose of this role is to support the Talent Leader in the delivery of strategic and tactical human resources solutions for Argo Groups Claims Department (approximately 260 employees around the world). This role will support the alignment of claims talent with business strategy to drive superior business results by creating teams of knowledgeable, enthusiastic, curious, and collaborative people who see their values and successes as inseparable from those of Argo.
So whats it like to work on the Argo Group Human Resources Talent team?
We are an inclusive team of innovative and motivated employees who are committed to delivering results and learning together. We are laser focused on our mission to create a compelling talent plan that unifies Argo employees to achieve their goals. The work we offer is challenging and diversified. Bored with doing the same task all the time? No worries! Here you will need to think quickly to resolve a range of problems and projects that will always keep you busy. We are a flat organizational structure and our staff regularly interacts with our senior management team. We offer a work environment that inspires innovation and is open to employee suggestions. We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
In this position you will take an active role in partnering with the Claims Talent Leader and key business leaders in providing a Human Resources partnership across the following areas: day-to-day Human Resources support, organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition and development, and coaching. Specifically:
- In partnership with Global Human Resources Centers of Expertise and Shared Services, support execution of all Human Resources programs and services (Talent Acquisition, Talent Development & Training, Performance Management, Diversity & Inclusion, Compensation, Employee Engagement, Benefits, etc.) in order to increase organizational, team, and individual performance and improve the business capabilities to deliver against its goals.
- In partnership with claims managers, develop and execute a life cycle approach to talent management for every employee in the Department focused on workforce planning, on-boarding, development and career progression, SMART goal setting, performance management and feedback, succession planning, talent movement and retention by analyzing employee data.
- Ensure an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity by partnering closely with claims managers and employees to integrate diversity and inclusion strategies into actionable items and everyday practices.
- In partnership with the Talent Acquisition and Development teams, support the execution of strategies and programs to most effectively attract, develop and retain top talent in claims and enhance managerial/leadership effectiveness.
- Partner with claims managers to develop and execute on plans to increase employee engagement throughout the department. Provide insight to managers by sharing appropriate exit interview data analytics, ensuring anonymity of participants.
- Ensure that talent acquisition activities embrace and support 1) diversity and inclusion and 2) a promote-from-within philosophy, encouraging career mobility and development.
- Ensure staffing needs of businesses are met in a timely and high-quality manner, both through personal recruitment/assessment/selection efforts and through the management of internal and external recruiting resources as appropriate. Ensure that new employees are on-boarded effectively.
- Assist with implementation and communication of job architecture and compensation framework, diversity and inclusion, flexible workplace strategy, wellness strategy, and workforce planning.
- Provide thought leadership and tools to help managers guide the organization through a high degree of growth and change (communications strategy, proactive needs assessment, problem solving and team effectiveness interventions, etc.).
- Support opportunities to improve organizational effectiveness and partner with business leaders to design and implement new operating structures, systems and processes.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- A bachelors degree in Human Resources or similar field of study from an accredited university and a relentless desire to continually update your skill level through continuing education and self-development.
- At least 3 years progressive HR experience in the insurance industry with a foundation of technical knowledge in key HR disciplines.
- Strong business acumen in order to utilize business insight and understanding to link business strategy and key business drivers to HR initiatives and programs.
- A curious mind and ability to act with compassionate empathy, to not only be a good listener but also ask the right questions to get to the root of an issue and propose effective solutions.
- HRIS experience, preferably Workday.
- To be a high-energy, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards, ability to consider different points of view and work in a respectful, kind, and professional manner.
- To able to leverage personal credibility and interpersonal skills to help others make better decisions and positively impact outcomes. This will require you to be able to develop/maintain effective working relationships within and across business units and departments by being open and approachable, listening intently ensuring others feel listened to, and demonstrating a genuine interest in people and in seeing their perspective.
- To assess situations and make decisions in a systematic and decisive manner. This includes effectively using data as a tool for decisions.
- Proactively engage with others to spark ideas and creativity, and generate new ideas and solutions to problems by challenging the status quo and conventional thinking.
- To be able to articulate ideas clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles in order to get messages across that have the desired effect.
- To be able to work independently and juggle many tasks simultaneously in addition to comfortably interacting with people in small groups and social situation.
- A genuine excitement to not only meet, but exceed, our internal customers expectation on each and every interaction with the customer.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in change, as well as being resourceful on your own. We work in a fast-paced environment that is evolving continually, which requires us to be comfortable navigating ambiguity and developing creative solutions to unique problems.
- To be enthusiastic, motivated, and hard-working, like the other people on the Human Resources Team you will be working with.
- To take ownership on execution in getting things done right. We are looking for people with a proven ability to consistently produce and deliver expected results to all stakeholders, take responsibility for their work and actions, own and learn from their mistakes, and hold themselves accountable.
- Ability to travel on overnight trips approximately 15% of the time.
- Working knowledge of computer programs, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
In addition, we expect Argo colleagues to embody our core values:
- Ownership and accountability
- Doing the right thing
- Collaboration and creativity
- Building teams that are respectful and inclusive
Argo will provide to you with:
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO, Paid Caregiver Leave, Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks) and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which got us named in Training magazine as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- A lucrative Employee Referral program that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include Compressed Hours, Flextime, Job-Sharing, Part-Time and Remote or Home Working, Sabbatical Leave and Summer Hours that give our employees the balance they need to excel at their jobs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted TodayFull timeR0002556
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.