Internal Audit Data Analytics Manager
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
As an internal audit Data Analytics Manager , you will be challenged with identifying risk through use of data analytic tools and processes. As the technical leader of the audit analytics team, you will work with GA's senior leadership team to conceptualize and implement the technical roadmap for Global Assurance, including but not limited to robotics process automation (RPA) and continuous control monitoring (CCM). You will work with GA partners, both CME and industry, to identify opportunities to enhance risk-based analytics opportunities supporting both the third line-of-defense and management. You will work closely with audit teams to create data-driven objectives that help assess and identify potential risk (e.g. inefficient processes, fraud, weakness in controls, etc.). This includes identifying data sources, validating control totals, and developing and executing data analytic procedures that will allow you to analyze and communicate results to the audit team and clients. Leveraging analytics, you will support 4-5 audits annually, spanning various processes within Information Technology, Human Resources, Legal, Compliance, and Risk, General Accounting and Reporting, Clearing House Operations, etc. These activities, along with internal special projects, are just a sample of the business processes to which you will be exposed.
• Own GA's audit analytics methodology, standards, and processes and ensure high quality execution against it.
• Collaborate with GA senior leadership to identify forward-looking opportunities to leverage technology to improve efficiency and quality of audits, operations and management reporting, and underlying risk management and assessment processes.
- Manage all technical aspects of the GA analytics and operations functions to ensure alignment with company's technical solutions and standards.
- Serve as the technical leader and mentor for GA's analytics co-source partners.
- Collaborate with Audit Directors and Managers to understand the in-scope business risks and associated business processes to develop data-driven objectives to assess risks and controls.
• Work with business partners to learn the systems and data-sources to extract, transform, load, and validate the data.
• Use analytic tools to script/program/visualize the data and audit analytics objectives.
• Analyze and document observations and potential issues for use in audit planning.
• Find opportunities to develop analytics solutions to the 1st and 2nd lines of defense to strengthen their risk management capabilities and control environment.
• Explore continuous monitoring opportunities to inform GA's risk assessment process.
• Partner with CME Group data warehouse and robotic process automation subject matter experts to identify and implement efficiency and quality improvement opportunities within GA.
Skills and software Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Analytics, Mathematics, or related field.
• 5+ years of audit experience
• 5+ years of data visualization experience (Tableau, Power BI, Crystal Reports, etc.).
• 5+ years of information/data analytics experience.
• Programming experience in C#, Java, Visual Basic, Ruby, Oracle PL/SQL, or R.
• Familiarity with ETL tools (e.g., SSIS, DataStage).
• Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint and GRC systems (e.g., TeamMate, Archer), or similar electronic workpaper management tool.
- CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CISSP, Chartered Accountant or relevant certification.