Lead .Net Software Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME Group is looking for a Lead Software Engineer with deep expertise in electronic trading systems to lead the development of their next generation front end "CME Workstation" for trading various CME Group markets. The front end will connect to all CME Globex hosted markets ranging from cash fixed income, cash FX to Futures and Options on commodities, equites and interest rates. This individual will be responsible for delivery of some of the key modules required on CME Workstation and will lead one of the scrum teams based in Chicago, working closely with UK and New York based delivery team leads.
- Demonstrates expertise in design and analysis patterns; Identifies best practices, and promotes standards and best practices across development teams.
- Provides technical leadership in planning and leading development teams in implementing projects.
- Interface with the global delivery team for CME Workstation and collaborate with other team leads in building an integrated solution.
- Develops designs for all aspects of a system as well as mentors leads in design process
- Exhibits highly advanced language proficiency and independently writes application modules and unit tests and mentors leads on multiple projects and enforces architectures; Influences others across company divisions
- Optimizes solution intricacies; Ensures best practices are followed; Reviews environment build deployments, release notes and build notices.
- Participates in code reviews and identifies potential opportunities for code optimization.
- Works with the analysts and lead developers, to interpret high level requirements for complex, large scale initiatives and decomposing them into independent stories and sub-tasks for the team.
- Supports application deployments and checkouts
- Embraces and promotes CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent/better
- A solid background in math and computer science, a good knowledge of basic data-structures, algorithms and algorithmic complexity.
- Excellent problem solving skills with 10+ years of experience of development in .Net
- Working in an Agile development team and directs day to day execution of tasks.
- Experience in developing performance-critical, low-latency, high-throughput applications
- Deep knowledge of memory management and multi-threaded programming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Manages technical complexity and persuades the adoption of the right design
- Prior experience developing trading platform applications
- Prior experience with DevOps efforts.
- Prior experience developing microservices
- Experience in modern web-technologies (Angular, React)