Asset Manager IL - Chicago/en-US/ventas_careers/job/IL---Chicago/Asset-Manager_R0000455-1/apply Job Description:
The Asset Manager, Office is responsible for directing and overseeing the property-level performance, and portfolio-level strategy for the east region medical office buildings. They will closely understand individual-asset markets and recognize market position; identifying and utilizing key drivers in decision-making to determine appropriate strategies related to leasing, capital, and operations to maximize property and portfolio-value and performance, consistent with the company's goals and objectives. The Asset Manager, Office will make recommendations to portfolio Vice President and Senior Vice President regarding such strategies. Working cross-functionally with various departments including Investments, Legal, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Risk, the Asset Manager, Office will gain exposure to many areas of the business.
- Implement and oversee property and Ventas Inc. policy and strategies, actively identifying opportunities to drive performance of the east region portfolio of medical office buildings
- Review financial, operational, and market results for the portfolio vs. budget, historical performance, and underwriting data and understand variances
- Collaborate and guide optimal leasing strategies with internal and third party leasing brokers
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners, including hospital partners
- Ensure compliance with leases, loan agreements, joint ventures, ground leases, space leases and other operative documents
- Review all property reforecasts and budgets as well as Argus analysis
- Conduct site visits to assess property condition and gain deeper understanding of market, identifying capital and redevelopment opportunities, where appropriate
- Prepare and present high-value leasing transactions, portfolio redevelopments and ad hoc strategic and tactical portfolio opportunities to Ventas executive leadership team
- Lead quarterly JV investor meetings, if applicable, and cash planning and distribution to JV investors as necessary
- Assist with acquisitions, dispositions, other special and ad hoc projects, as needed
- Continuously evaluate and consider process improvement opportunities vs. existing practices to increase asset and property management teams efficiency
- Mentor, develop and manage portfolio financial analysts
- 5+ years of post-undergraduate experience with a real estate owner/developer/manager, debt and/or equity investor, financial services firm, or a related asset management entity; medical office experience preferred
- Bachelors degree in Real Estate, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting or similar business field; advanced degree a plus
- Must have strong knowledge of real estate including legal documentation, underwriting, valuation, purchases/sales, leasing, and property operations
- Strong communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Smart, collaborative, and team-oriented
- Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically in Excel and Power Point
- Solid understanding of general finance, accounting principles and financial reporting
- Willingness to travel (30-40%).
Ventas, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
Ventas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ventas, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR0000455
Ventas, Inc. (NYSE: VTR) an S&P 500 company, operates at the intersection of two powerful and dynamic industries healthcare and real estate. As one of the worlds foremost Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT), we use the power of capital to unlock the value of real estate by partnering with leading care providers, developers, research and medical institutions, innovators and healthcare organizations whose success is buoyed by the strong demographic trends of an aging population and increased life expectancy.
Led by our Chairman and CEO, Debra A. Cafaro, who is recognized as one of the best-performing CEOs in the world by Harvard Business Review, Ventas has followed a successful strategy that endures: owning a high quality diversified portfolio and partnering with industry leaders combined with a collaborative, dynamic and experienced team focused on producing consistent growing cash flows and superior returns on a strong balance sheet, ultimately rewarding Ventas stockholders with extraordinary outperformance. Thats not just excellence. Thats Excellence. Sustained.