Network Engineers are responsible for the design, administration and troubleshooting of global network infrastructures in a fast paced, latency-sensitive environment. Key Responsibilities:
- Design, engineer, and troubleshoot for the global network infrastructure in an aggressive, latency-sensitive environment
- Provide technical expertise to both internal and external users
- Work closely with other team members to build best in class technology platforms
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between business users and peer technology teams
- Strong knowledge troubleshooting Layer 1, Layer 2 and Layer 3 issues
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MSDP, PIM (SM and DM) protocols
- Experience with Cisco (Routing, L3 and L2 switching, Firewalling (FWSM, PIX and ASA) and VPN (Site-to-Site IPSec)
- Experience with provisioning and maintenance of Coarse and Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
- Experience setting up co-location and working with co-location providers
- CCNP certification or better
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Opportunities available in Chicago, London, New York About Citadel
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel's hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel's team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.