Director, Senior Portfolio Manager Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Director--Senior-Portfolio-Manager_R200004281-2/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Provides high quality sales and service to investment clients to deliver an exceptional client experience. Provides technical expertise for all aspects of investment management and administration. Works collaboratively within the client strategy team and the regional team as part of the client/relationship management solution. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups as appropriate.
1) Investment management of client assets.
- Define, implement and maintain portfolio asset allocation levels to meet the clients investment objectives using strategic and active asset allocation targets.
- Utilize computer models and approved working lists of securities to assist in the structuring of client portfolios.
- Comply with established processes, procedures and regulations in constructing client portfolios.
- Deliver competitive returns consistent with all relevant benchmarks and appropriate risk measures.
2) Client development.
- Communicate on a frequent basis with clients to ensure a clear understanding of the changing nature of the portfolio and to instill confidence and build credibility with the client.
- Responsible for the enhancement of current relationships and seek to develop new relationships through effective communication and trust building skills.
- Work as an effective partner with team colleagues to deliver premier customer service and comprehensive financial services to clients.
- Maintain all discipline related and market related files in an orderly manner as set forth by management.
- Responsible for participating in and making effective investment presentations to prospects or groups of prospects.
3) Investment related activities.
- Actively participate in assigned committees as well as workgroups designed to achieve broad investment unit objectives.
- Work to achieve expert status on investment related tools and resources.
- Stay abreast of all investment related topics through the achievement of advanced degrees, certifications and the reading of financial literature and reports and the attendance at regularly scheduled training events.
- Assume positions on senior investment committees including committee leadership responsibilities.
4) Market related activities.
- Manage resources and participate in the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Develop rapport and instill confidence with internal partners and external clients and centers of influence to develop credibility and earn their trust.
- Follow through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensure an effectively run function.
- Protect the Bank's assets and comply with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelors degree. MBA and/or CFA charter holder preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in performing specific personal portfolio management functions/responsibilities or have 15+ years in a related field (including special asset management, trust administration, investment trading, investment research, financial planning, relationship management, etc.). Individual should also possess current knowledge of financial markets as well as a comprehensive understanding of historical perspectives of the markets.
- Individual should have an in-depth understanding of investment management theory and ethics as well a comprehensive understanding of tax issues and trust and fiduciary laws; consistently apply existing risk management procedures and follow compliance directives; display solid judgment in managing financial contribution of assigned relationships with occasional oversight; exhibit broad based superior communication techniques.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted 6 Days AgoFull timeR200004281 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.