Private Wealth Advisor/Director
Private Wealth Advisor - Director Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Private-Wealth-Advisor---Director_R200009473/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
The Private Wealth Advisor will act as the primary point of contact for the prospect and client relationship. This sales and relationship management role will attract, retain and grow a portfolio of prospect and client relationships by providing a consistently exceptional prospect and client experience and expanding the BMO share of wallet. The Private Wealth Advisor will demonstrate the understanding of and care for the client through the proactive delivery of holistic advice and solutions designed to meet the clients specific needs. Utilizing an advisory-based financial planning approach, the Private Wealth Advisor will lead and manage prospect opportunities and client relationships and coordinate an integrated team of subject matter experts to craft and execute creative solutions for the client.
- Effectively expand client relationships to grow revenue to achieve sales targets through increasing BMO share of wallet through the acquisition of increased investment, loan, deposit, financial planning, mortgage or client centered services.
- Expand banking and investment services to affiliated family members, friends or advisors.
- Seek introductions and referrals from client to grow your business practice.
- Plan client calls effectively and systematically and monitor client base for opportunities to leverage existing relationships. Ensure all client experience standards are met and that clients are tiered properly and proactive outreach is met.
- Lead and assist with the creation, management, and implementation of prospect presentations, client relationship plans, relationship reviews, and financial plans.
- Lead Annual Client Review with team members to evaluate changing needs, increase communication with client, and implement the Client Experience.
- Conduct at risk analysis for clients on a regular basis to increase client retention.
- Receive introductions from and make introductions to BMO partners in Commercial, Investment Banking; Mortgage Lending, BHFA, Premier Banking or Retail Banking for client or client family members and friends.
- Primary responsibilities for agenda preparation for each meeting and pre work with teams to make sure a multi-disciplined area of subjects of opportunity or challenges are covered.
- Look for opportunities to optimize clients to Ultra High Net Worth segment to better meet client needs or growing service requirements. (BMO Family Office, Cedar Street and Delaware Trust company)
- Evaluate client base for proper channel alignment, and offer introduction to more appropriate channel partner if client no longer fits BMO target client criteria.
- Work with internal team, outside attorneys, accountants and subject matter experts to effectively coordinate delivery of an exceptional client experience.
- Bridge the disciplines together in all client communication, especially marrying the banking side with the trust and investment side when a full relationship exists.
- Work to solidify team behaviors.
- Introduce subject matter experts to the client.
- Demonstrate a genuine desire to help clients achieve their financial goals. Take timely and appropriate action to convert emerging client needs into new business opportunities and lead the subject matter expert team to close new business.
- Proactively identify client needs and listen effectively to concerns in order to accurately diagnose and facilitate resolution of client issues.
- Provide consistently superior service by exceeding clients expectations while understanding and complying with BMO policies and governmental regulations.
- Work with multiple generations to deepen relationships and prevent risk of loss at death.
- Assist with client entertainment; follow up with clients on invitations to events/activities.
- Develop and leverage a personal network in the local community and serve on community boards. Leverage trusting and reciprocally beneficial relationships with Centers of Influence to produce referrals.
- Clarify with client on a recurring basis the value of the Private Wealth Advisor role in their relationship.
- Each year prepare a written bullet point report on the value that was provided to your clients for review at the annual client review meeting.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in dealing with HNW clients and equivalent knowledge base.
- Equivalent knowledge base can include but is not limited to, CFP designation or intent to pursue, with experience as a practicing financial planner a plus
- Broad knowledge of all facets of wealth management.
- Thorough knowledge of Bank products, services and capabilities.
- Bachelors Degree Required.
- MBA, CPA, CTFA, and / or JD or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Excellent listener.
- Problem solver.
- Ability to anticipate client needs.
- Proactive in bringing advice and solutions.
- Comfortable exploring beyond one's area of technical expertise (i.e. Discipline)
- Energized by interaction with clients.
- Ability to make an emotional connection with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients in a consultative fashion (i.e. assess client needs and craft creative, holistic solutions).
- Proven track record in building client relationships (i.e. comfortable asking for the business)
- Adept at motivating and orchestrating teams.
- Highly organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and open communication style.
- Ability to negotiate and influence.
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix management framework
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted TodayFull timeR200009473 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.