Python Web Developer - Chicago/New York
Lively, positive spirit of a start-up, with the stability of a longer-established player, this leading quant firm is looking for an experienced Python Web Developer to join their core UI team as they branch out into new styles of trading. Projects include building fast, information-rich web applications that users love to engage with, for areas such as real-time trading and visualization, monitoring trading systems and managing system configuration.
This is a high impact role where you will collaborate extensively with users to ensure the robust, scalable back-ends for the web apps you write meet their needs and are user-friendly. You will also work closely with front-end developers on the overall architecture and APIs, plus you will share your knowledge of best practices as you mentor other back-end developers.
Here, technology is viewed as crucial to their continued success. The successful Python Web Developer will be passionate about development, with a strong work ethic, and the drive to continually learn and improve.
***All interviews and start dates will be fully remote*** Requirements
- 5+ years' Python back-end development experience
- Strong experience in at least one Python web framework (FastAPI, Tornado, Django, etc.)
- Deep-level understanding of architecture and best practices for web applications
- Solid knowledge of methods of communicating data to web apps (REST, GraphQL, websockets, etc.)
- Proficiency with API testing frameworks/TDD
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Enormous opportunity to grow, learn and have an impact
- Contributions are rewarded; career progression supported
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Flexible for the right candidate Contact
If this sounds like you, or you'd like to know more, please get in touch. Andy Stirling-Martin