Quality Asurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager Chicago/en-US/External/job/Chicago/Quality-Assurance-Manager_REQ1574/apply
The Job Details are as follows:
As a hands-on IT Quality Assurance Manager, you will be heading a team of test engineers and leading the design and implementation of the test automation vision. You will be responsible for delivering scalable solutions to test critical trading, middle/back office, and compliance activities.
In the role of QA Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Enhance and lead the QA team to ensure IT development teams deliver high quality, accurate, performant, and reliable products.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both QA team members and product peers.
- Work closely with cross-functional technology partners and business teams.
- Coach, mentor test engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective.
- Supervise the development of Test Plans, Test cases, Test Procedures for various types of testing such as Ad Hoc, Functional, GUI, Integration, Regression, Data Validation, User Interface, and overall system integration
- Coordinate brainstorming meetings and daily scrums
- Meet with product leads and users to understand business requirements
- Stay up to date on best practices and technologies in QA and coach the team
- Drive improvements to the development processes
- Write test automation code and lead in code reviews
WHAT YOULL BRING
- 10+ years in software QA role
- 5+ years of programming experience preferably with Python/C#
- 2+ years managing a technology team
- Exposure to hedge fund trading systems and financial markets is essential
- Experience in creating and implementing test automation strategies, automated testing methodologies, tools, techniques (unit, functional, integration), executing automated test suites, and debugging test failures
- Hands-on knowledge and understanding of DevOps tools and technologies such as GIT and Docker
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Posted TodayFull timeREQ1574
Balyasny Asset Management L.P. (BAM) is a global institutional investment firm. We strive to deliver consistent, uncorrelated, absolute returns in all market environments by fostering a culture of research, innovation, and collaboration.
BAM exists at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers. We leverage the collective expertise of our teams to seek out new investment opportunities, analyze market conditions, minimize risk, and provide superior service to our investment partners.
With 500+ people in offices around the world, we embrace a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career development, and supports the health and wellbeing of our people through world-class benefits.