Chicago based quantitative hedge fund is looking to add a Quantitative Researcher to implement and improve proprietary trading models and tactics, closely partnering with engineers and established leaders throughout the firm. Quantitative Researchers with this hedge fund work on various trading strategies and research projects, with the option of conducting independent research and identify areas of research over time
Specific responsibilities span from utilizing financial data in the hopes of forming and optimizing predictive models, implementing and bolstering cutting-edge statistical and machine-learning models to develop and enhance trading systems, and forming algorithms to monetize the indicating signals.
- Advanced degree in finance, economics, mathematics, computer science, physics, statistics, and related fields.
- Strong statistical and analytic ability; high quality problem-solving and modelling ability
- Proven ability to accomplish high level statistical or applied mathematical research
- Experience in a quantitative research role with a focus on strategy optimization and alpha capture
- Track-record of solving high level, data driven problems
- Programming proficiency in any of the following: C++, Java, or Python
- Solid research methodology
- Self-starter that operates with a high level of productivity, acting with a strong sense of self
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent discipline with attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with various roles
- Willing to take complete responsibility for their work, including both independent and small team
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic approach with the hopes of building something from the ground-up