U.S. SENIOR COUNSEL AND ASSISTANT CORPORATE SECRETARY Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/US-SENIOR-COUNSEL-AND-ASSISTANT-CORPORATE-SECRETARY_R200008875-1/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
We are seeking a 6-10-year corporate lawyer ideally with experience in corporate, transaction, governance, compliance and regulatory matters for our Chicago office.
The role will encompass the following areas of responsibility:
- Provide corporate governance support and corporate secretary services to BMO Harris Bank, its U.S. holding company and certain subsidiaries. Includes preparing meeting agendas, disseminating materials, drafting minutes and providing governance advice and counsel. Work independently on special projects relating to legal, corporate governance and corporate secretarial matters. Manage certain regulatory filings and processes including FR Y-6.
- Act as the U.S. Corporate Secretary business unit compliance officer with responsibility for directing, leading and ensuring compliance with the Operating Group Compliance Program (OGCP) for the business unit. Responsibilities include ensuring the OGCP policies, processes and procedures comply with Legal Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Policies and the Enterprise Compliance Manual and that supporting operating guidelines are established, executed and reviewed periodically. Engaging in routine monitoring and testing of current processes and procedures.
- Provide legal support to the Treasury, Accounting, Investor Relations and Communications and Capital Management corporate functions, including private offerings of equity and equity-related securities, debt and other structured financings, securitizations, and cross-border and inter-company financings. Public issuer reporting experience helpful but not required.
- The chosen candidate must possess a Law Degree from an accredited law school and be admitted to practice in the State of Illinois.
- Typically, 6-10 years of private practice or in-house corporate legal experience.
- Degree in law (JD) and license to practice law in Illinois.
- Able to effectively work with other members of the legal team; with a focus on cross-group collaboration
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- The successful candidate must be detail-oriented and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR200008875 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.