Senior Automation Engineer
- Chicago, IL, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 13 déc. 18
Senior Automation Engineer
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
Support and enhance CME Groups global scheduling automation services. The role is critical to CME's clearing business processing, ensuring that 500,000 jobs and file transfers run smoothly every day. The primary focus is administering CME's enterprise scheduling software and automating manual processes. The incumbent should have strong knowledge of several aspects of the role:
Linux/Windows support DevOps automation deployment/administration/configuration, enterprise scheduling software knowledge, scripting skills, advanced troubleshooting skills. Strong communication skills and ability to learn new technologies are essential.
Provide support for CME's enterprise scheduling software, CA Automic workload/UC4 within the Automation engineering team. Team responsibilities include software upgrades, patching, disaster recovery, performance tuning, capacity planning, user administration, environment enhancements, incident resolution and root cause analysis, user training, responding to developer queries and change/release management.
- Identifying process deficiencies and enhancement opportunities. Automating manual tasks and assisting in automating tasks throughout CME using software and scripting.
- Identifying and resolving production incidents quickly, following escalation procedures, identifying and fixing root cause.
- Gathers and compares data regarding issues and documents details. Prepares analysis report and seeks out all feasible alternatives. Prioritize the alternatives and plan execution. Analyze the consequences. Ensure testing and backout plans.
- Collaborates with developers and infrastructure staff to determines business needs and environments enhancements. Defines hardware and software requirements for new business.
- Prepares deployment/configuration plans.
- Conducts testing of own code/enhancements and creates testing plans independently. Able to peer review others code and provide suggestions and insights.
- Exhibits language proficiency and independently designs, codes and tests scripts.
- Exhibits proficiency in SQL. Able to create queries & updates independently to facilitate reporting & trending with minimal guidance.
- Influences best practices development - contribute to process enhancements and enforces best practices on project work.
- Shares knowledge with team and mentor's junior members of the team.
- Must be proactive, take ownership, be able to contribute new ideas and be able to learn new technologies.
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Skilled understanding of systems fundamentals (Linux, ideally Redhat and Windows) is essential.
- Skilled understanding of at least one scripting language (ksh, Bash, Powershell, Ruby) is essential.
- Skilled/Fundamental understanding of devops practices and tools (Chef, Bamboo, GIT or similar) is beneficial.
- Skilled understanding of enterprise scheduling tools (ideally Automic Workload/UC4, or BMC Control-M) is beneficial.