Senior Internal Auditor - Global Assurance
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Job Description Summary The Global Assurance Senior Internal Auditor conducts integrated internal audits and special reviews to provide assurance regarding the existence and effectiveness of financial, operational, and technology internal controls. The internal audit senior plans and executes routine audit assignments in accordance with accepted professional and departmental standards and prepares formal written reports to management summarizing audit results. As a Senior Auditor, you will be part of an audit team comprised of an Audit Manager and two-three peers to perform six to eight audits annually, often concurrently, in various CME subject and processes areas. You will leverage your strong audit and analytic skills to participate in business process reviews to help establish the scope of the audits. Your professional skepticism and ability to efficiently understand and deconstruct processes will allow you to identify and asses risk. You will provide coaching to junior members of the team throughout the execution of the audit. You will use your strong oral and written communication skills to professionally conduct interviews with our business partners, clearly and accurately document results of your tests, and effectively communicate results to GA leadership. In addition to performing audits, you will have the opportunity to participate on continuous improvement projects to improve the overall efficiency and quality of department activities and deliverables.
• Execute routine audits to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and verify compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Partner with more senior members of the team to design audits as needed.
• Create accurate, logical and detailed work-papers clearly describing the work performed, results of testing and conclusions reached.
• Partner with more senior members of the team to report audit observations to management and ensure management develops acceptable solutions to mitigate risks.
• Write well written draft audit reports.
• Establish positive rapport with Global Assurance's internal and external customers.
• Assist Global Assurance management in developing Global Assurance best practices/standards and audit plans, as needed. • Create accurate, logical and detailed work-papers clearly describing the work performed, results of testing and conclusions reached.
• Build a positive and collaborative business relationships with GA's clients (auditees) and business partners (e.g., other internal risk management functions) to support effective and efficient audit execution.
• Execute complex audits to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, verify compliance with corporate policies and procedures, and identify opportunities to enhance operating efficiencies and/or reduce costs.
• Partner with more senior members of the GA team to provide recommendations to management for strengthening controls and work with management to develop acceptable solutions to mitigate risk.
• Provide guidance and training to other team members as necessary.
• Prepare comprehensive written reports detailing the results of the audit.
• Maintain and promote knowledge of the CME's operations, including policies and procedures and any applicable regulatory requirements.
Skills & Software Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree with significant coursework in Accounting, Business, Information Systems and/ or Computer Science.
• 3-5+ years in internal auditing conducting financial, operational or information technology audits. Prior experience in conducting meetings and preparing and delivering presentations to line, middle and senior management.
• CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA or CISSP preferred, but not required
• Microsoft Professional Office Applications, including MS PowerPoint and Visio. Data Analysis tools (ACL, Business Objects, MS Access) and TeamMate or similar electronic work paper tools desirable, but not required.