Senior QA Analyst
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Senior QA Analyst at the CME Group is a dual purpose role where the Senior QA Analyst collaborates with Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Software Engineers in Test, Project Management, management, and peers in planning and executing tests verify software under test while ensuring compliance with the SDLC process. The role is also accountable for removing impediments to the ability of the team to deliver the product goals and deliverables. The role acts as a buffer between the team and any distracting influences. The role ensures that the Scrum process is used as intended. He/She is the enforcer of the rules of Scrum, often chairs key meetings, and challenges the team to improve. The percentage of time spent between the two roles would be split evenly but could vary through the course of the year. Principal Accountabilities:
• Communicate with a wide audience spanning both internal and external teams.
• Ensure that the team is complying with the SDLC process
• Execute responsibilities in addition to providing oversight and planning activities.
• Identify efficiency opportunities while also exploring innovation and means of implementing new technology/processes.
• Provide domain-level expertise both on the application under test and testing practices.
• Conduct triage sessions to help keep the backlog lean and organized. Track actions/issues and drive them to closure.
• Keep teams on track by removing impediments, protecting against outside interference and effectively managing cross team dependencies.
• Organize and ensure documentation and communication materials are maintained and kept up to date- agile boards, executive dashboards, knowledge repositories, release calendars, etc.
• Organize and facilitate all scrum meetings for each team (planning/pre-planning, daily standup, sprint demo and sprint retrospective). Skills & Software Requirements:
- SQL, Linux/UNIX with some knowledge in Java/C++. Programming knowledge is a required skill for a Software Engineer in Test role. Tibco/RV or messaging is preferred.
- Agile project software/ team collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence from Atlassian.