Senior Scrum Master
Senior Scrum Master Senior Scrum Master USA-IL-Chicago-South Wacker Dr/en-US/External/job/USA-IL-Chicago-South-Wacker-Dr/Senior-Scrum-Master_R0008894/apply
is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer's market leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters Kluwer combines deep domain knowledge with specialized technology. Our portfolio offers software tools coupled with content and services that customers need to make decisions with confidence. Every day, our customers make critical decisions to help save lives, improve the way we do business, build better judicial and regulatory systems. We help them get it right.
The Scrum Master provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and coaching skills that directly impact our Agile development process and the delivery of our applications. As an Agile expert, the Scrum Master will be responsible for enforcing Agile “best practices,” removing impediments, and promoting empowerment amongst team members. The Scrum Master is a servant leader with the demeanor and acumen to handle most any situation faced by our development teams.
- As a Senior Scrum Master working with several innovation teams, you’ll have a central role in helping our feature teams execute agile product and development practices and ensure they can work together effectively across teams and geographies
- Support multiple feature teams to growing their understanding of, and in executing Agile practices to deliver product and speed innovation velocity
- Teach the teams Agile practices, facilitate Scrum ceremonies, centralize and escalate impediments and shield them from external distractions
- Participate in Scrum of Scrums to identify, track and resolve interdependencies and external impediments
- Act as a personal coach for team members and an innovator who constantly seeks continuous improvement to build high-performing teams
- Ensure teams’ actions are aligned with the project goals / vision of the company / Program Increment
- Bring transparency across teams around development to help with collaboration and grow trust with stakeholders
- You live and breathe agile. You’ve seen what it looks like when a team isn’t quite there yet and you know how it feels when a team ‘gets it’. Most importantly, you know how to help teams improve with the nuts and bolts of agile ceremonies as much as with the underlying mindset
- You’re a listener. You hear what’s not being said and have a gift for understanding motivations and resolving interpersonal conflicts
- You’re humble and take a real satisfaction in seeing others succeed
- You’re determined in the face of resistance and find alternative ways to succeed if your initial approach fails
- You know how to get organizations to work for you; you build relationships and can represent your team’s concerns in a convincing way and ensure their issues are resolved
- You have your eye on the organization’s objectives and can explain why things which seem strange to the team make sense from a broader perspective
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (3-5 years professional experience) of delivering or developing software. Prior experience as a developer or QA is a plus
- Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) or Certified Scrum Coach (CSC)
- Knowledgeable about various Agile methodologies and experienced in coaching Scrum and Kanban teams
- Experience of configuring and optimizing usage of agile project management software like Azure DevOps or Jira
- Ideally ITIL or PMP certified, certification on SAFe (4.6 or 5) would be
- Experience working in a scaled agile framework or product organization with Scrum of Scrums ceremony or equivalent
- You’re fluent in English and can ideally also communicate verbally in French
USA-IL-Chicago-South Wacker DrPosted YesterdayFull timeR0008894
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.
Senior Scrum Master