Senior Software Engineer, Release Management
- Negotiable USD
- Chicago, IL, États-Unis Chicago IL US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 13 sept. 18 2018-09-13
Responsible for developing, implementing, supporting risk system applications to support business and the application release cycle. Planning out scope of production releases, managing the deployment schedule and overseeing progress towards planned release dates.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
Sr. Software Engineer, Release Management is responsible for developing, implementing and supporting risk system applications to support business. Risk systems provide the technology capability to manage clearing house risk through real time risk management and customer margins on the type of portfolio that they maintain.
In addition to software development, s/he is responsible for supporting the application release cycle by planning out scope of production releases, managing the deployment schedule and overseeing progress towards planned release dates. The role also leads the implementation and execution of SDLC processes and best practices in an Agile environment.
- Facilitating prioritization decisions and trade off discussions between multiple technology and business stakeholders
- Maintaining deployment schedule for multiple applications and coordinating production releases
- Project level management related to development, testing and deployment emphasizing high-quality results and conformance to corporate obligation governance (COG)
- Demonstrates skill in language proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with minimal guidance. Designs with guidance and codes independently
- Exhibits skilled knowledge of database SQL; Performs Elementary database modeling and intermediate database tuning.
- Identifies potential opportunities for code optimization. Provides input for code reviews and helps with environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects and helps to identify sources of defects as well as troubleshoots various forms of code.
- Troubleshoot issues with the application code.
- Review code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects and help to identify sources of defects in the application code.
- Release management and project execution decisions.
- Will primarily interface with Development, Business Analyst, and QA Analyst. In addition, they would also interact with support groups like ETPA, DBA, Networking, Production Support and so on.
- 5+ years of experience in core Java or C# development.
- 2+ years of experience in release management/software delivery/project management.
- Using MVC Frameworks, Spring, Hibernate a plus
- Strong understanding in Relational database concepts
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience working in a Linux environment and open source libraries
- Understanding of financial industry concepts is a plus
- Agile/lean software development techniques and supporting tools like JIRA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
- Preferred Graduate degree in computer science equivalent in a technical field