Software Engineer II
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Software Engineer II engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
• Conducts unit testing and integration testing within system. Enables broad testing system-wide without all components in place.
• Intermediate knowledge of database SQL, as well as basic database modeling and elementary tuning.
• Intermediate proficiency in language knowledge; Writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
• Optimizes code for key performance metrics. Offers complex insights during code reviews and helps with environmental build deployments, release notes and build notices; Identifies source of defects and issues. Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects. Troubleshoots own code and helps others find bugs in own code.
• Uses design or analysis patterns periodically, following SDLC process independently.
• Uses design/CASE tools to occasionally share and communicate design ideas.
Skills & Software Requirements:
Intermediate SQL knowledge. Basic modeling. Elementary tuning
Calypso Clearing Platform experience a plus
Basic knowledge of and experience with UC4 a plus
Performance testing/tuning a plus