Software Engineer II
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The SE II engineer builds secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
- Demonstrates intermediate skill in language proficiency; writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
- Applies knowledge of an OO language (preferably either Java or C#), front end technologies, DBMS and middle-ware technologies in helping develop key services.
- Optimizes code for key performance metrics. Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects. Offers insights during peer reviews of design and code.
- Troubleshoots issues in own code, as well as code written by others.
- Assists with environmental build deployments, release notes and build notices.
- Conducts system-wide testing and some integration testing.
- Supports application deployments and checkouts.
- Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent/better.
- A good background in math and computer science, a knowledge of basic data-structures, algorithms and algorithmic complexity.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with at least 2-5 years of experience of development in .NET Core/C# or Java.
- Working in an Agile development team.
- Experience in modern web development frameworks.
- Be interested and enthusiastic about technology and finance and have the desire to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of multi-threading and parallel programming in general
- Prior experience with DevOps efforts.
- Prior experience developing microservices.
- Experience working with container management services like Kubernetes, using Docker images.
- Experience working with messaging/caching software like Redis, Kafka and Diffusion