Software Engineer II
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. Weâ€™re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME Group is the worldâ€™s leading and most diverse derivates marketplace. This is where futures are made. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries and build a career by shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it â€" all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And weâ€™re looking for more. Description:
We are PSG (Production Support Group), a very advanced and dedicated team staffed with talented people who have a diverse skillset. The PSG Software Engineer combines traditional development skills along with advanced application support, automation, and troubleshooting skills to enable rapid resolution of critical issues with CME Groupâ€™s electronic trading systems.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for building and running large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant, and latency sensitive applications that run CME Groupâ€™s business and provide our customers with extremely fast access to our markets. This individual will work on systems that must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days during times of turmoil or surprises in the world economy, and rock-solid reliability and integrity, all while undergoing rapid release cycles. The candidate must be able to solve technical problems creatively, develop new processes and solutions for brand new challenges. Itâ€™s a very critical and exciting role where every day is different, challenging, and rewarding. Responsibilities:
- Works closely with our technical leads to design, development and work effort estimations.
- Implements application modules, working with test specialists to provide high levels of testability.
- Participate in code reviews, whilst reviewing code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects.
- Help to identify sources of defects as well as troubleshoots various forms of code. sss
- Support continuous improvement, contributing to adoption of best practice and process improvements.
- Works closely with our Technical Operations and Business Operations teams on critical issues by evaluating the problem, proposing and implementing resolutions, and partnering with other teams (DBAs, Networking, Development, GCC etc) as needed for the resolution.
- Solves problems creatively and communicate effectively.
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking and attention to detail is critical.
- A strong desire to develop skills and continue to grow.
- Ability to be self-motivated, capable of managing time well, and works efficiently without close supervision in a very dynamic environment.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Development and implementation.
- Experience in working Agile methodologies (especially Agile Scrum0, and test-driven development.
- Proficiency in Core Java, experience in working apps on AWS/Cloud applications.
- Experience with DevSecOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Git, and Ansible.
- Experience with logging/monitoring understating using tools such as CloudWatch and Splunk, etc.
- Working experience in UC4 and Linux OS.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Application development.
- A Bachelorâ€™s/Masterâ€™s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience that is required for the specific job title.
- Knowledge of Tibco RV and FTL, Kafka, Ansible, Jenkins, and Chef is a plus.
- AWS experience is a plus.
- Working experience in a Financial industry is a plus.