Sr. Application Developer
- Chicago, IL, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nuveen Investments
- 24 nov. 17 2017-11-24
Sr. Application Developer
About the Company
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
About the Role:
The Nuveen Front Office and Compliance Proprietary Applications team is hiring a Sr. Application Developer. The Sr. Application Developer will join a team of ten developers and analysts, building and supporting critical applications used by the investment and compliance professionals of Nuveen. A successful candidate will be expected to engage our internal customers, independently lead development projects, and contribute to a team operating in a continuous improvement environment. This role will require ongoing assessments of our application topology to create re-usable designs and applications that are scaled for future growth.
- Work within a medium-sized team of developers and analysts to design, build, test, and deploy small- to large-scale applications used by the investment and compliance teams at Nuveen.
- Able to work independently on development projects. Must directly interact with senior business personnel to acquire requirements and resolve issues.
- Develop strategic plan for the technology used by the team, to align with industry best-practices and keep technology platforms current.
- Provide production support if and when the occasion arises. Occasional work outside of normal business hours may be required. Advanced troubleshooting skills are a necessity.
- Participate in business continuity and disaster recovery exercises.
- Serve as a mentor junior developers on the team.
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent Microsoft.NET skills, including, but not limited to:
- ASP.Net MVC (Razor)
- SQL Server:
- Execution Plan/Query Optimization
- Prior financial services experience, preferably within asset management.
- Task scheduling, dependencies, monitoring (TWS, MoveIT, Sterling Integrator)
- DOS commands (command shell, bat file)
- MQ (IBM WebSphere) - XML
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.