Sr Software Engineer in Test
- Chicago, IL, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 14 déc. 18
Sr Software Engineer in Test
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
The CME Group seeks a Senior Software Engineer in Test (Sr SET) with strong technical skills & business knowledge. The Sr SET makes applications more testable by developing software to support testing efforts. The Sr SET has good development skills; and is able to interface efficiently with all of the support groups, other QA groups, and development groups in working independently with some oversight. Employee must be comfortable working as part of an Agile team. The Sr SET must exhibit quick learning capabilities in picking up and mastering new concepts- business, technical and process oriented.
- Actively participates and leads white box test case identification sessions.
- Defines white box test case test steps as well as complementary black box test cases for corresponding stories.
- Develops automated testing strategies
- Develops automated testing frameworks
- Develops automated regression tests
- Develops automated acceptance testing
- Escalates issues and risks as required to management and team members.
- Reports on/tracks defects identified as part of automated testing.
- Works with the development team to identify the root cause of defects.
- Identifies environment needs in support of testing.
- Owns and maintains collateral describing automation.
- Provides updates on automated quality efforts to management.
- Participates in preliminary story review, providing constructive feedback and input on work effort estimation as well as design.
- Works with analysts to interpret high level requirements, decomposing them into acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Expected to develop a network of relationships within the organization in order to achieve results and to effectively communicate vision and status both within/across teams as well as to management.
- Contributes to continuous improvement efforts.
- Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
- Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology (Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 5+ Years Relevant Experience
- 3+ years in core Java Technology and multi-threading
- Solid working knowledge of UNIX;
- Significant experience in QA automation.
- Experience in the development of automated testing in technologies similar to:
- BDD (Feature Files & Cucumber)
- JUnit and Mockito (or similar mocking frameworks for Java)
- Development of bespoke test harnesses (technology agnostic, but could be something developed in Java, Python, R etc.)
- SQL experience preferably in Oracle preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, proven communication, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Experience in performance testing and bottleneck identification/analysis skills
- Experience in performance /load testing application with internal apis/in-house developed tools
- Create and maintain test documentation.
- Experience of testing in a story-driven, agile environment.
- Prior experience working in financial services/exchange space.
- Prior experience working with BDD methodologies and automated acceptance criteria.
- Prior experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.
- Fortify, Sonar, Coverity experience.
- Experience using UC4 a plus
- Experience inTIBCO FTL/MQ or Kafka messaging a plus