Managing Director, Tax Transaction Advisory Services
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Transaction Advisory Services provides seamless analytical advisory through the deal continuum, from transaction origination to closing.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
Within our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) business, Transaction Tax Services professionals offer tax due diligence, tax structuring and technical tax expertise to our clients.
- Lead both buy and sell-side tax due diligence engagements
- Identify and analyze federal and other tax risks associated with historical business operations through discussions with target Management and review of tax documents, as well as financial statements
- Evaluate the implications of tax risks on the client’s business, financial and accounting goals
- Advise client on appropriate resolution of such tax issues within the context of the acquisition or disposition
- Review purchase agreements and disclosure schedules for consistency with identified issues and proposed resolution
- Understand and convey to clients complex tax issues in a comprehensible manner
- Identify new business opportunities and develop long-term business relationships
- Identify cross-marketing opportunities within and across Duff & Phelps practice areas
- Manage a team of tax professionals to deliver accurate and comprehensive reports in a timely manner
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience (a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in M&A tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, MST or JD/LLM
- Public accounting experience, CPA license a plus
- Experience in Outbound US investments is a plus.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated record of leadership and effective management in matrixed organizations
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, marketing, sales and organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Word and Excel
- Proven track record relevant to previous work experience
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability. Primary Location: Work Locations:
Chicago (0407) 311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 4200 Chicago, 60606 Organization:
Full-time Job Posting:
Feb 5, 2021