Financial Project Manager
- Northbrook, IL, États-Unis Northbrook IL US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Allstate Insurance
- 05 juin 18 2018-06-05
The role of the Financial Project Manager is to manage a wide range of projects and programs that include, but are not limited to: planning and monthly forecasting, report automation, expansion of analytic capabilities, process improvements. The Financial Project Manager is responsible for managing and providing regular reporting on project status, key milestones and obstacles serving as the main liaison with project members and leads in the implementation of key business initiatives. The ideal candidate in this role will have an MBA and/or CPA/CMA/PMP certification, along with 5 years of experience.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Act as project manager for medium to large scale projects within Protection Finance
- Manage assigned programs from end-to-end, including oversight and tracking of budget and issues for related projects and recommendations for program-level risk management
- Work with technology and operations partners to resolve execution issues, analyzing the long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies
- Lead discussions with project leads, SMEs and team members and provide recommendations for resolution of business issues that impact project scope, cost or quality
- Directs implementation of new programs and/or initiatives, including implementation scheduling and sequencing, budget and resource oversight.
- Participate as a member of functional senior leadership teams, demonstrating deep subject matter expertise in project/program design principles and business strategy
- Adhere to established project management standards for issue and risk management, project status communication and project close-out activities
- Determine key stakeholders and determine appropriate communication plan based on project need and stakeholder requests; develop and communicate project details re: cost, scope, quality to all impacted areas (i.e. regions, agencies, customers).
- Provide regular reporting on project activities, progress against timeline and budget
- Responsible for on-boarding and training specific leaders on project management best practices.
- Make recommendations and implement enhancements to best practices for requirements gathering and documentation to improve overall project quality
- Analyze implementation options to meet business needs, including pros/cons of each option and provide recommendations to leadership and implement selected options in easily understood, non-technical terms, with consideration for impacts to related initiatives
- Integration with broader project management community in Allstate to ensure knowledge sharing and best practices
- 5+ years of experience in project planning, forecasting and expense budgeting; prior insurance industry experience preferred
- Proven ability to lead and manage complex projects and programs. Must be able to research and recommend new programs, coordinate necessary resources for programs/projects, and manage timing and implementation.
- Strong leadership ability including communication and negotiation skills to interact and influence various functions of the organization. Must be able to quickly identify risks and plan appropriate action.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; CPA, CMA and/or project management certification preferred
- Computer skills and experience with project management software/tools, in addition to proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.