Financial Planning Assistant
Landmark Wealth Group is a private wealth advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Inc. We are a thriving practice that is seeking a licensed candidate to join our team.
The paraplanner will primarily assist financial advisor(s) and associate financial advisor(s) in the financial planning workflow. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
This role provides client relationship support through trading portfolios, managing, gathering and analyzing client data, helping prepare preliminary financial plans, working with clients to resolve issues, and other practice management tasks as needed. Responsibilities Responsibilities:
Key Traits of a Successful Paraplanner:
- Place trades and rebalance client portfolios with a high degree of accuracy
- Process money movement for client accounts (internal transfers, ACHs, wire transfers, checks)
- Manage and resolve client service problems
- Prepare preliminary financial planning recommendations and initial product solutions for advisor review and use in client meetings
- Prepare charts, graphs, tables and other visual aids to be used in implementation meetings with clients
- Develop portfolio/robust product solution recommendations that will fit the client's risk tolerance and time frame as well as develop appropriate product deliverables
- Maintain client contact during the financial planning process. Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested and as allowable, as it relates to servicing their accounts
- Review and update client information as needed for client review meetings. Attend and participate in client meetings if necessary.
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor(s)
- Direct attention to detail and organization
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff
- Effective and efficient time management
- Polite and clear phone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor's practice
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
- College degree or higher
- 2+ years or similar experience
- Already have or be able to study for and pass exams for federal and state licenses and registrations for securities, including Series 7, Series 66, and State life, accident and health insurance licenses.