Planning Consultant - Orland Park, IL
Job Description: Planning Consultant
Through your integrity and adherence to Fidelity's client commitment standards, we know you will inspire client dedication with a goal of developing lifetime relationships with Fidelity.
As a Planning Consultant, you will provide a world-class planning experience, uncover opportunities to deepen client relationships through consolidation of assets, referrals, and plan implementations, and develop an engagement strategy that supports each client's unique planning needs. The Expertise We're Looking For
The Purpose of Your Role
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 required prior to hire
- Series 65 and/or 66 and insurance licenses within 90 days of hire
- Minimum 2 years of financial services or relevant experience
- Attainment of CFP® Certification is highly encouraged
The Planning Consultant works alongside the Financial Consultant and/or Wealth Planner in a financial planning capacity. This role expands upon the planning capabilities available to engage Fidelity's most valuable clients. In addition to the primarily role of conducting financial planning interactions, you will support the overall client relationship by using innovative technologies, such as Glance, to maximize efficiencies for clients. You will be in complete alignment with Fidelity's firm wide initiatives that will give you the opportunity to positively influence clients' financial plans. You will see your impact on the business and have rewarding interactions with clients every single day! The Skills You Bring
The Value You Deliver
- Remarkable understanding of financial planning concepts to help clients build effective financial plans for them and their families.
- Ability to profile to understand planning needs and identify appropriate solutions
- You have a vested interest in building relationships and being an advocate for clients
- You are motivated toward success, willing to demonstrate ownership, and committed to achieving meaningful goals
- Comfort making outbound calls to further educate clients and uncover opportunities
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
- Conducting joint appointments with clients, focused on consultations through Fidelity's guidance offering
- Educating and planning with clients to uncover opportunities that will lead to the client's success
- Creating and maintaining an organized client contact strategy, including engaging business partners and using tools such as Salesforce
- Building long-lasting, meaningful relationships with clients
- Mentoring and supporting the success of your peers
Through your knowledge of financial planning and your ability to build relationships, you will effectively profile, navigate and present the output of our guidance tools, leading to an in-depth discussion around our planning concepts. This will lead you to uncover additional complex planning opportunities in which you'll partner with the Financial Consultant or Wealth Planner to develop further. This partnership will allow the team to further meet the needs of our clients! Certifications:
Series 07 - FINRA, Series 66 - FINRA
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.