- Boston, Massachusetts, US Description:
Risk Strategies, a privately-held National Insurance Brokerage and Risk Management Firm with over 1,900 employees and 97 offices throughout the US, is seeking a collaborative and resilient Account Manager for our Employee Benefits team. The Account Manager will fulfill an integral role in developing cohesive relationships with client groups by designing cost-effective benefits programs, streamlining enrollment initiatives, and serving as a strategic advisor. The ideal candidate will be an interpersonal and proactive problem solver with demonstrated success in servicing a book of Employee Benefits accounts.
As an Employee Benefits Account Manager with Risk Strategies you will:
- Provide account management support to Group Benefits Department
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Draft Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by Account Team, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier market, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, summarize insurance carrier proposals for review by Account Team
- Request health and welfare plan renewals from insurance carriers for each client, file and summarize renewals for each client for review by Account Team
- Assist in the management of the annual renewal process, including attending open enrollment meetings, providing assistance with processing enrollment/changes forms and documents
- Assist in preparing annual Open Enrollment communications for each client’s employee population
- Enter client data and communications on of all forms into Agency Management System. Run reports from system; manipulate data into a format usable by management
- Keep managers, executives and producers informed of significant developments on accounts
- Special projects and other duties assigned from time to time
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree or employee benefits insurance experience preferred
- 2 - 5 years’ experience within the employee benefits industry
- Valid MA Life, Accident and Health brokers’ license /or obtain within 60 days
- Valid Driver’s License
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of marketing concepts and negotiation of insurance coverage(s) preferred
- Demonstrate expertise in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Flexible, and able to work effectively under pressure, handling multiple tasks with interruptions and changing priorities.
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills