Alpha Professional Services - Implementation and Business Testing, AVP
The State Street Alpha Professional Services team is looking for qualified individuals with strong experience in business testing, project management, data analysis, system flows and business architecture, in order to strategically build and oversee business testing programs for the industry's first ever front-to-back platform and service model. The successful candidate must have experience with business user software and platform testing; skilled in analyzing complex business models and flows across front, middle, and back office operating models in both an insourced and outsourced model; have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; understand global portfolio management, trading and compliance across asset classes along with the associated analytics; and have experience managing and overseeing global and virtual teams.
State Street Alpha brings together our clients' choice of real-time data and intelligence across the investment lifecycle to help them make better decisions and deliver growth for their clients. With built-in flexibility and scalability, Alpha lets clients manage any assets in any market and streamline their day-to-day processes - helping to facilitate innovation, better inform investment decisions, optimize returns and streamline business operations.
The Alpha Professional Services team in Boston, MA is looking for qualified individuals to fill key roles in implementing and testing the industry's first ever front-to-back client servicing platform.
- This client facing role will be responsible for strategically designing, overseeing and executing a business testing program for State Street's front-to-back platform
- Lead workflow analysis, data analysis, requirements analysis for current and future state models and architecture
- Lead creation and delivery of internal and client facing content such as client proposals, playbooks, resource and governance models, cost and revenue models
- Navigate complex client relationships, build strong business relationships and manage expectations with client stakeholders
- Participate and manage various stages of the deal lifecycle (due diligence, solution design, integration and testing, implementation and operational readiness)
- Become a product and platform subject matter expert on State Street's front-to-back platform
- Support business development and sales efforts through consultative client engagement and proof of concepts as needed
- Provide regular status updates and supporting program management as directed
- Might require domestic and/or international travel
State Street considers all disciplines when hiring for a job and seeks out candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree or above. Minimum of 8-10 years of financial industry experience across front office functionality along with middle (IBOR) and back office systems, services and data domains.
- Experience integrating with other industry software providers to promote platform interoperability (i.e. Bloomberg PORT, CRD, BRS Aladdin, SimCorp Dimension, Factset, Fidessa Minerva, Eze Software, etc.)
- Experience building business, end-to-end and regression testing programs, strategies, libraries, etc.
- Client engagement and expectation management across project life cycle
- Knowledge of financial and statistical concepts including modern portfolio theory and asset pricing theory
- Strong interest in global capital markets and quantitative investments
- Strong analytical, reconciliation and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, globally structured and team-based environment, as well as independently.
- Strong experience with MS Office (e.g. Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus
- Experience in Agile Methodology and tools (i.e. JIRA, Rally, RTC) preferred
- Electronic trading platforms experience is useful but not essential
- Experience in portfolio management theory and application is useful but not essential
Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential is important to us. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.