Americas Institutional Client Group - Client Relationship Manager, AVP
The institutional asset management industry is evolving. Clients need more than products; they need a trusted partner and advisor to help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is seeking a Client Relationship Manager with institutional client engagement and client experience who can excel in that environment and work with others on their team to do the same. Are you that person?
As a Client Relationship Manager within SSGA's Americas Institutional Client Group, you will be responsible for building and delivering exceptional client service across the full life-cycle of an institutional clients' experience with SSGA in the Americas. You will be part of and collaborate with a talented team responsible for handling the day-to-day needs of our clients.
To be successful, you will need to develop an understanding of SSGA's investment and operational capabilities, service offerings, culture and vision in order to efficiently diagnose issues and solve problems that inevitably arise in the course of a client relationship. Due to the complex needs of our clients, you will need to build collaborative relationships across our sales, investment, product, marketing, operations, finance, legal, compliance and other internal teams critical to the end-to-end client life-cycle, from initial contact to on-boarding to (hopefully infrequent) off-boarding. You will also partner with your colleagues on client engagement initiatives to ensure global consistency and the successful implementation of newly developed engagement strategies and processes. These interactions take many forms, including participating in projects and strategic initiatives related to complex client deals and issues as well as broader, more thematic initiatives designed to continuously improve the overall experience clients have in working with SSGA.
This role is part of the Americas Institutional Client Group and you will report to a Team Leader within the Client Relationship Team of that business.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU HAVE:
- A minimum 5-7 years of experience in an institutional client-facing role at an asset management firm
- Ownership of the client experience, focusing on business retention and increasing visibility with clients
- Proficiency in navigating complex client relationships, including the support of client events and ensuring a thorough understanding of client expectations
- Partnerships with new business development teams on strategic client growth and initiatives
- Strong organizational, project planning and execution skills
- A clear understanding of, and the ability to effectively reinforce, accountability and ownership with internal stakeholders
- Comprehension of firm capabilities and services to deliver solutions supporting client goals
- The ability to lead, prioritize and execute on multiple simultaneous priorities and initiatives
- A demonstrated ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with both clients and internal partners
- The ability to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude that motivates and inspire others
- BS or BA required; MBA preferred
- Series 7 and 63 required
ABOUT STATE STREET
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.