Global Investment Manager seeks a Business Analyst for Data Architecture and Governance as part of their Enterprise Data Governance team that is responsible for collaborating with trade operations and investment teams to advance the firm's enterprise data capabilities. You will be responsible for partnering across business units, enterprise technology teams, and product/platform teams to define and execute the system certification strategy, driving the consistency, usability, and governance of the firm’s data assets across the enterprise. This role is 100% remote.
- The Business Analyst will partner with data and technology teams to progress data initiatives that support trading operations, portfolio managers, and investment teams.
- Be the advocate for improving the firm’s data capabilities including data quality, data lineage, and data management
- Serve as the firm-wide contact between business partners and market data service providers and vendors: Bloomberg, FactSet, Markit
- Design and manage projects that will enhance and improve the firm’s data quality and data acquisition
- Document all data sources, data validation, data storage, and in-house consumption of governed data
- Conduct and analyze periodic reviews of the firm’s enterprise data
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- 5+ years of relevant financial industry experience with a focus on market data
- SQL programming experience and Snowflake knoweldge is required.
- Experience working with Bloomberg and/or FactSet is required
- Broad understanding of equity and fixed income trading and investment operations processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various investment security types, attributes, indices, characteristics, and reference data.
- Detail oriented with effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Adaptable to flexible hours, as required.
- An ability to combine analytical thinking and research skills to actively propose innovative solutions to management.
Keywords: Market Data, Data Governance, Data Quality, Enterprise Data Management, Project Manager, Business Analyst, SQL, Bloomberg, FactSet, Snowflake
Please send resume to Jim Geiger email@example.com