Business Analyst, AVP
State Street Global Exchange's "Data-as-a-Service" platform, DataGX(SM), lets you load, enrich and aggregate investment data. Clients' will be able to manage multi-asset class data from any service provider or data vendor for a more holistic and integrated view of their holdings. This platform reflects State Street's years of experience servicing complex instruments for our global client base and our investments in building advanced data management technologies.
Reporting to the Implementation Lead in Boston, MA the Business Analyst is responsible for analysis leading to successful delivery of DataGX to clients. Responsibilities include:
- Provide analysis and input into designs of DataGX solutions to support a rapidly-growing business on a massive scale
- Participate in the Data work stream in the context of delivering a Front-to-back solution to clients.
- Liaise with clients in order to establish and document implementation requirements, support testing and ensure successful client delivery
- Act as Subject Matter Expert regarding data domains in the DataGX model and source systems
- Collaborate and develop relationships with other State Street organizations as part of a broad client delivery program
- Communicate status and escalate through the Implementation Lead and Project ManagerQualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, or Accounting
- 7+ years of financial services or asset management experience is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in a data architecture, data modeling role and/or equivalent data management experience in the financial services or asset management industry preferred.
- Previous experience implementing software
- Demonstrated ability to rationalize problems and use judgment and innovation to define clear and concise solutions
- Demonstrate strong collaborative experience
- Good understanding of SDLC practices
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL is considered a plus
- Experience with Cloud Managed Services like AWS is considered a plus
- Prior experience with State Street is considered a plusKey Attributes include:
- Team player with professional and positive approach
- Flexible and can adapt easily to changing/evolving role requirements
- Creative, innovative and able to think outside of the box
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated & self-sufficient
- Effective communicator both written and verbal
- Brings a high level of energy with enthusiasm to generate excitement and motivate the team