Business Systems Architect - Investment Data Harmonization
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
In conjunction with the Investment Data Office, the Investment Data Business Analyst (Architect) contributes to a long-term strategic initiative to unify and harmonize our investment data. This initiative enables enhanced investment decision making, risk management and client reporting for our multi-asset platform by delivering consistent, timely, accurate and user-friendly data to investors, risk teams and clients.
Reporting to the Director of Investment Data Harmonization, the Investment Data Business Analyst conducts data analysis and usage requirements and focuses on data- and integration-intensive initiatives for investment data. Primary responsibilities include working with understanding Investment and Trading data analysis and integration requirements and guiding solution design and architecture to meet these needs, in addition to core business analyst responsibilities. Familiarity with front, middle and back-office applications at MFS is critical to defining the future-state business architecture. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Core Business Analyst Responsibilities
- Manage requirements elicitation, analysis, and documentation processes to capture business and end user needs for investment data. Prioritize needs within and across projects based on business impact
- Performs analysis of business activities to determine business cases and requirements primarily related to end-to-end workflows related to Investment data management. Works closely with the Investment Data Office and converts business requirements into stories and functional specifications.
- Communicate solution tradeoffs to business partners to frame and influence project decisions
- Engage delivery teams to communicate solution vision and priorities. This includes guiding development and QA teams in sharing details
- Promote usability standards and design solutions with a high-quality, effortless UX
- Proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends to guide business partners on emerging opportunities
- Assess the risks of solution options and develop plans to mitigate them
- Define, set up, and execute test cases to validate that the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Provide consultative support and advice on technology projects led by business partners
- Provides advanced application and production support as needed to the departments and systems that they support.
- Works to ensure a positive experience for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software. Creates and maintains proper training materials, business documentation and trains users as needed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Specialized Data Specialist Responsibilities
- Work with Investment Data Office and business partners to understand requirements for data usage, analysis, and quality
- Identify and aggregate investment data from internal and external sources
- Guide solution design to meet data and integration requirements for investment purposes and outcomes
- Envision future use cases/scenarios/capabilities for investment data and roadmap solutions to fulfill those use cases
- Identify new opportunities to leverage data and to integrate data or applications to enhance business value from investment data across the front-, middle-, and back-office.
- Coordinate with Investment Data Trustees, Investment Data Production Owner, and the others in the Investment Data Office to ensure data discoverability, understandability, accessibility, and quality
- Contribute to management of investment data stores and metadata
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, computer science, or mathematics
- Minimum 10 years of experience with Business Analysis within the investment management of financial services industry
- Deep domain knowledge of the Equity, Fixed Income and / or Derivatives asset types
- Solid understanding and experience with investment management focused application platforms (Charles River, Eagle, IBOR technologies, and data management solutions)
- Experience working with Client and Regulatory reporting would be plus
- Experience working on complex projects using Agile SDLC
- Strong technical skills including usage of SQL, messaging protocols, data and integration architecture, and business processes.
- Knowledge of data analysis and usage requirements
- Ability to think creatively, and guide solution design and architecture to meet business needs
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with Attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills along with ability to various types of users from business experts to development & QA teams
- Ability to quantify resource requirements and measure and communicate proposed project benefits
- Demonstrate risk assessment, negotiation, and problem resolution skills
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."